Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chupe Raho Aurat
Jun 22, 2011

by Lowtax
I was given a Samsung Tab 3 as a gift a couple of days ago. I understand its a very basic model. All I do is browse the net and play pointless games. It seems to crash on bog standard apps a lot more regularly than the iPad or iPhone I have used and twice now its crashed so hard that it has switched off and refused to power back on for a significant amount of time.

I've told the gift giver what is happening and we will return it to the store, my issue is I know nothing about tablets and need advice as to what to tell the sales guy apart from what I said above.

Also if you could tell me which entry level "probably gonna be well underused" tablet to get that would help. I would like to:

Play dumb games
Go online
Use it like an electronic notebook

Cheers!

Ps, I'm under the impression computer equipment runs on some kind of voodoo, so make it simple!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chupe Raho Aurat
Jun 22, 2011

by Lowtax

Doctor rear end in a top hat posted:

I totally called this!

Fortunately, the solution is simple:

Word!

This looks like the plan going forward.