Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

Why should someone buy a windows tablet over a nexus or ipad with a keyboard case?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

Maybe you should let your roommate pick out a tablet and size that he likes.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

Or you can have people who respect your opinions in your life and/or stop caring so much about their pooping game device.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

EugeneJ posted:

Nook HD+ - awesome large screen, MicroSD slot, $149

How many terrible recommendations can a single person give? Don't give BN money in what is almost 2014. They're a rapidly dying book store who shoved out a tablet in their death throes in some vague attempt to stay relevant.

Anyway, you might as well give up on that MicroSD slot because outside of weird cut rate products, no tablets/phones ship with them these days, and I wouldn't count on them coming back.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

The Nest team was hired for its industrial design experience and will be heavily involved in the new nexus line, hence the delay.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

Firetrick posted:

Playing TV/movies mostly. That's pretty much the only thing I'm using my laptop for these days. That and remote desktop to my home PC actually would be nice.

You want a laptop.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

Call Me Charlie posted:

Or a windows 8.1 tablet with micro-HDMI out
(maybe the Toshiba Encore?)

Lol. Nope.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

The same way I text whilst driving? Its not that hard. Haven't gotten in an accident yet.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

EugeneJ posted:

Refurb Hisense Sero's are around $50

Shut up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

Is avoiding human contact worth 300 dollars?