Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Desk Lamp
Jun 30, 2014

butt dickus posted:

[*]can't use signal on it so i still need to keep my phone or laptop nearby but i think that would be the case with any android tablet
[/list]

If you have a Galaxy Tab and phone, any app that you don't have for the tablet you can run in the tablet off your phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desk Lamp
Jun 30, 2014

neogeo0823 posted:

What if I don't want an iPad though?

Hello, thread. My wife is looking for a tablet for her business needs. Shes rents out a space doing aesthetics and nails, and wants something that'll be inexpensive and workable for that. She plans to use it for basic internet/email/website functionality, basic business stuff like tracking finances, taking and posting photos of her work on the various socials, and as a "nice to have" sorta thing, if she can do some basic drawing/design work on it, then cool. If not though, then that's fine to. We're both generally not in favor of Apple as a company, unless there's literally no viable options otherwise.

Earlier today, she found a refurb Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 64GB for $175. Is that a decent tablet? Is that a decent deal? We're open to recommendations here.

Tabs in that price range are mostly for media consumption. You'll probably run into storage issues pretty quick with a 64GB tablet. I'd suggest spending a little more and getting a Galaxy Tab 9FE instead.

Desk Lamp
Jun 30, 2014

Perestroika posted:

Only just got to try it out. Seems like it supports some kind of casting protocol, but not specifically Chromecast. Google Home can't find it, but some other android casting apps seem to manage it just fine. I'll have to test them out and see if I can find one that isn't too obnoxious to use. :v:

Depending on the TV, linking SmartThings to Google Home might make the TV show up there.