Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
looking for a kindle or something else with a screen that is designed for and good for reading pdfs on. must be easily rootable or hackable or whatever it's called nowadays so that I can load up my own pdfs on it. needs to be cheap, preferably readily available on the used market

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
great for text is the exact reason I'm looking for a kindle, e-ink or whatever they called the screen. I need a thing I can stuff in my pocket and read books on. my geriatric ipad would do the job, but it's a little too big to stuff in a pocket and I deeply dislike needing to run itunes to transfer stuff to it

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
pdf is by far the most common format

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
all the scans of stuff that's been out of print forever also everything on my hdd. epub's only been a format since 2007 and mobi's only been a thing since 2016. mobi or epub might be better formats now but 10 years ago they weren't the default options.