Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
My mother-in-law apparently has some PC that's over a decade old and it's not really pulling its weight for social media and The Yahoo any more. Faced with the spectre of a Win11 PC and running her through that, my wife was thinking she could use a tablet that is mostly just docked. I can see the thought process. She doesn't really have anything substantial to migrate (if anything), and is lacking in a portable camera anyways, so it would be nice if she had something for that and maybe video calls with the lot of us. Her nearby family and us are all Android people and can steer her through that. She has no need for a laptop and a laptop keyboard, and I think she wouldn't want to use something with a laptop keyboard.

My wife was poking around and saw the Lenovo tablets like this:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-tab-p12-with-lenovo-tab-pen-plus-zach0165us-storm-grey/6551465.p?skuId=6551465

We haven't sorted out a dock yet either and wondered if there are recommendations. I guess just about any whatever-what-the-heck dropshipped USB-C thing on Amazon would be sufficient so long as it mates with her monitor (I have to see what ports it has) but I'll take recommendations there too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU