Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

randyest posted:

Thanks for the reply! I can see some one those, but I have a few questions if you don't mind:

How does it work? In iOS it's 4-finger swipe left or right to switch between apps.

iOS is just click the home button and done. How is it done in win8?

Like browsers and mail or.... ?

What do they do?

Except for bing (lol) which is usable on any OS via the browser I can see these as weaknesses of iOS if you like them.

I don't think you actually used Windows 8 like you said you did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006
Another guy looking for the Windows tablet thread here, I got a Surface 3 pro and after just a week of use I can already notice the pen nib starting to wear. I've been told that Microsoft just gives you new nibs if you ask nicely, but unfortunately there's no tech support or a Microsoft Store available for my country (Ecuador). Is buying a new pen really my only option? they don't seem to be selling the nibs anywhere.

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006
The 3 Pro has really bad cooling, so it's not that usable as a laptop replacement since it throttles to half its speed with any load.

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

Geirskogul posted:

Not true and not true. They fixed both of these things.

Source: my SP3

Weird, I bought this one in august and it does it from the box, is it something I have to change?