Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
any MIDI keyboard works but I have a 49 key one and some songs have keys I can't play without octave shifting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

How does it do the octave shifting for smaller keyboards? Bindable key?

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011

Tesseraction posted:

How does it do the octave shifting for smaller keyboards? Bindable key?

It's not in an in game thing, it's something you can try doing on your keyboard

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Oh right, I forgot that most non-full-size midi controllers have an octave shifter. Does it provide a one-handed mode for people who can't play both sides of they keyboard in one go?

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

Tesseraction posted:

Oh right, I forgot that most non-full-size midi controllers have an octave shifter. Does it provide a one-handed mode for people who can't play both sides of they keyboard in one go?

You can set which hand to play in Riff Repeater, but song practice requires both hands IIRC

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011

overeager overeater posted:

You can set which hand to play in Riff Repeater, but song practice requires both hands IIRC

You can choose to only practice the left or right hand in Riff Repeater

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

I worded that poorly, I meant in the sense that you can play single-handed in Riff Repeater, but it doesn't count towards mastering the song

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
I think the mastery in a lot of cases is broken currently with that feature so maybe in the full release that issue will be fixed

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
https://theriffrepeater.com/rocksmith-adds-songs-from-joy-division-ratt-fort-minor-jack-white-white-stripes-and-more/

Rocksmith+ adds content from Joy Division (Unknown Pleasures album), Fort Minor, The White Stripes, Jack White, Heart, Ratt, and more!

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
for those who just got RS2014 there's a new patch for custom songs that doesn't require owning "Cherub Rock"

https://customsforge.com/index.php?/topic/901-how-to-use-custom-dlcs-in-rs2014-remastered-updated-for-2023/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67ugO3Ut4P8

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
Does this remove the requirement to have any DLC purchased?

I don't have cherub rock, I get around it by changing the ID with some piece of software I can't remember the game of.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011

Nocheez posted:

Does this remove the requirement to have any DLC purchased?

I don't have cherub rock, I get around it by changing the ID with some piece of software I can't remember the game of.

Yes, you will no longer have to do that with this DLL

Boar It
Jul 29, 2011

Mesmerizing eyebrows is my specialty
Have they said if the piano stuff is included in the subscription of Rocksmith+ for guitar? Or is it a separate thing? (Along with some sort of more expensive sub that features both)

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
no extra charge, all part of the same subscription

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
https://theriffrepeater.com/rocksmith-details-new-music-licensing-strategy-covers-van-halen-elton-john/

Rocksmith+ announces new partnership with Warner Chappell Music, music from Paramore, Green Day, Meshuggah, Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers, and a new approach to music licensing which includes studio recorded covers (Van Halen, Elton John)

Pork Chops Aplenty
Jan 11, 2008

Late to the party, but I had no idea this was delisted. Now I'm seriously regretting getting rid of my old 360 + disc copy a couple years ago.

The subscription service looks far inferior TBH, no way I'm paying for it

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
you had 10 years to buy it for PC, now it's just all available for PC in a repack so I don't see the issue.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost
A friend on Steam messaged me the other day to say he was jealous that I had RS. Apparently keys for it go for 80-120 dollars now.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

IMO this is a clear cut case of justified piracy.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
I still find it hard to believe they are going to delist week by week till 2030

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011

Boar It posted:

Have they said if the piano stuff is included in the subscription of Rocksmith+ for guitar? Or is it a separate thing? (Along with some sort of more expensive sub that features both)

looks like this could change soon...

Macavity
Jun 29, 2006

There never was a cat of such deceitfulness and suavity.
Fun Shoe
I was *just* thinking that Rocksmith Plus gave too much value. Glad to hear they're finally going to try to make some money off it.

Boar It
Jul 29, 2011

Mesmerizing eyebrows is my specialty
RIP

I definitely found it a bit suspicious. Since competitors like Yousician charge well beyond that.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
just the wording in their latest email blast, we've raised concerns and they have avoided answering the question lol

https://old.reddit.com/r/rocksmith/comments/18bog9h/rs_price_increase/kc9m1n2/

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
https://theriffrepeater.com/rocksmith-launches-piano-officially-more-coldplay-and-cover-strategy-metal-guitar-bass-pop/

Rocksmith+ adds content from Coldplay, Disturbed, Meshuggah, and covers from various artists including Pantera, Megadeth, Muse, and Metallica (in some regions). Hints at 30 Green Day songs to come!

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

Give me Dookie in it's entirety or give me death.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

Actually I already have that in Rocksmith 2014, nm.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
if they officially licensed FOD that's cooler than your custom song, respectfully

Macavity
Jun 29, 2006

There never was a cat of such deceitfulness and suavity.
Fun Shoe

quote:

if they officially licensed FOD that's cooler than your custom song, respectfully

This is your brain on Rocksmith+.

Enjoy salivating over licensing deals that come and go every month. Maybe there will even be a brief window where the song you want gets a community chart so you don't have to pretend ARCHI isn't a steaming pile before it's taken away again.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
hopefully, you can keep pointing at the delisting of content you barely care about though if it makes you feel better

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

toymach1ne posted:

hopefully, you can keep pointing at the delisting of content you barely care about though if it makes you feel better

It’s not like, mandated for you to get snippy at everyone in this thread, you do know that, right?

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011

Dewgy posted:

It’s not like, mandated for you to get snippy at everyone in this thread, you do know that, right?

sure, im just going to ignore them

https://old.reddit.com/r/rocksmith/comments/18jc0if/rocksmith_developer_ama_rocksmith_song_library/

hoping this doesn't end up like RAMPART

toymach1ne fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Dec 19, 2023

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost
toymach1ne and Ubisoft, together ignoring their fans to shove RS+ at people who don't want it.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
I don't have fans </3

toymach1ne fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Dec 19, 2023

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
Since this is page 311

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cik1DIEX0cY

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Huh, so I can learn piano on Rocksmith+ now apparently

Can anyone recommend a decent keyboard? 0 experience with this kind of thing, but Rocksmith basically taught me to play guitar, so… why not

I’m not even sure where I would connect it to my pc, I’m guessing they go through USB ports?

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Can anyone recommend a decent keyboard? 0 experience with this kind of thing, but Rocksmith basically taught me to play guitar, so… why not

I’m not even sure where I would connect it to my pc, I’m guessing they go through USB ports?

yeah it works via the MIDI out port. My Roland:GO has a micro USB to USB A.

We made a basic piano buyers guide if you are interested in some ideas, here's the reddit thread discussion about it

https://old.reddit.com/r/rocksmith/comments/16zrxi4/the_rocksmith_piano_buyers_guide_the_riff_repeater/

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Toy machine posted about it a page or two ago. From that and reddit discussion on learning piano the answers basically seem to be either a Yamaha P45 or a Roland FP-10. Neither seem to go on sale that much but Costco has a roland bundle that includes a stand, bench, headphones, and I guess a year of Roland's training app for 550 (or did, it's what we bought)

The roland and presumably Yamaha have a USB-B port that does midi out, I can hook it up to everything except my Google slate because Google. Also it has Bluetooth.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Ty Ty! The FP-10 looks great, I’m kind of excited/scared to try it, but heck learning guitar was super rewarding, so why not! :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
https://theriffrepeater.com/reddit-ama-recap-and-moar-muse-in-rocksmith/

We recap the reddit AMA and check out the latest Rocksmith+ Dev Voices video which confirms MUSE will return to Rocksmith+ with five songs next month (including Hysteria and Supermassive Black Hole)