Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boar It
Jul 29, 2011

Mesmerizing eyebrows is my specialty
Speaking of piano, I bought myself an Arturia KeyLab Essential MK3 (49 key) that should show up next week or so hopefully. I want to use it to make lovely music but I figured the 49 keys are also enough to perhaps get better at playing the piano as well as a bonus. So maybe time to check out Rocksmith+ for a month or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011

Boar It posted:

Speaking of piano, I bought myself an Arturia KeyLab Essential MK3 (49 key) that should show up next week or so hopefully. I want to use it to make lovely music but I figured the 49 keys are also enough to perhaps get better at playing the piano as well as a bonus. So maybe time to check out Rocksmith+ for a month or so.

They added a 30 Day trial till January 10th so sign up and then cancel right after and check it out

---

https://theriffrepeater.com/rocksmith-closes-2023-with-green-day-the-police-and-more-covers/

Rocksmith+ adds 14 Green Day songs, The Police "Every Breath You Take", and covers from Van Halen, Megadeth, Lynyrd Skynyrd, and Snow Patrol. Plus we take a look at what else could be coming in 2024 👀

toymach1ne fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Dec 22, 2023

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

I just signed up for the trial and will give it a shot tomorrow but no MacOS support is disappointing and makes it unlikely that I will keep it tbh, not really my use case to use this on my phone I don’t think.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011

Simone Poodoin posted:

I just signed up for the trial and will give it a shot tomorrow but no MacOS support is disappointing and makes it unlikely that I will keep it tbh, not really my use case to use this on my phone I don’t think.

agreed, I don't get why it can't run as an iOS application within the M2 framework...

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lord help me why did I just start checking Facebook market place for used 88 key pianos 😬

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Tried the free trial then cancelled like 10 days in now I got billed a full year.

Not impressed.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011

apatheticman posted:

Tried the free trial then cancelled like 10 days in now I got billed a full year.

Not impressed.

No one is impressed with that, did you subscribe via Mobile (iOS/Google) or Ubisoft Connect?

toymach1ne fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Dec 28, 2023

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

toymach1ne posted:

No one is impressed with that, did you subscribe via Mobile (iOS/Google) or Ubisoft Connect?

Think we connected on Twitter too, it was Ubisoft Connect.

Didnt think to do Google/IOS as i was mostly using PC for trying out the piano stuff via MIDI.

Heard of any successful refunds?

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011

apatheticman posted:

Heard of any successful refunds?

https://old.reddit.com/r/rocksmith/comments/18s0b16/rocksmith_plus_refund/

Boar It
Jul 29, 2011

Well that is a bummer. My new midi controller arrives today but I suppose I'll try something else for now.

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
I subbed for a year when it came out. And thanks to European consumer protection laws got 100% of my money back.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011

Boar It posted:

Well that is a bummer. My new midi controller arrives today but I suppose I'll try something else for now.

If you sign up via the mobile app it should be fine, I haven't heard of anyone signing up through the App Store or GooglePlay with this issue. But yeah, bad situation.

I heard Synthesia is good, no backing track but a *somewhat* similar interface

toymach1ne fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Dec 28, 2023

Boar It
Jul 29, 2011

toymach1ne posted:

If you sign up via the mobile app it should be fine, I haven't heard of anyone signing up through the App Store or GooglePlay with this issue. But yeah, bad situation.

I heard Synthesia is good, no backing track but a *somewhat* similar interface

Yeah I've been eyeing that too. Seems like it could be a fun alternative. I want to get back into playing the guitar as well either way but I do have Rocksmith 2014 as most do at this point I think.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Fun fact: It looks like the 10-year rule isn't 100%. I purchased the Aerosmith pack a month or two back thankfully but they're listed on the riffrepeater site as January 7th 2014 but it looks like it's already gone.

So maybe grab things you for-super-certain want now instead of trying to do just-in-time purchases...

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
also seems like they delisted Foo Fighters II just randomly (intern must have confused the packs since the original one was released around this time in 2012)

I reached out about that, and I'll mention Aerosmith as well

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
With the nightmare that is music licensing I wouldn't be surprised if there are gotchas in the contracts like this for real.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
COPIUM they licensed Aerosmith (for real this time) on Rocksmith+

😁

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So how is the piano on RS+?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
One the subject of delisted DLC, I've recently got a PS5. I installed Rocksmith 2014 but found it didn't grab the dlc automatically, so I trawled through the list and downloaded all the purchased ones I saw, any better suggestions? I also don't think I saw the apparently delisted Food content I've bought.

There also seems not to be cloud saves on console? All my progress was reset. Not a big deal I guess but wasn't the case on the Steam version when I got a new PC.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011

BizarroAzrael posted:

One the subject of delisted DLC, I've recently got a PS5. I installed Rocksmith 2014 but found it didn't grab the dlc automatically, so I trawled through the list and downloaded all the purchased ones I saw, any better suggestions? I also don't think I saw the apparently delisted Food content I've bought.

There also seems not to be cloud saves on console? All my progress was reset. Not a big deal I guess but wasn't the case on the Steam version when I got a new PC.

1. find Rocksmith 2014 on your game menu
2. press the ‘options’ button on your controller (top right – three horizontal lines).
3. scroll down and select ‘manage content’ – you’ll find the content for download there

MarcusSA posted:

So how is the piano on RS+?

For what it is, pretty amazing. It can be improved (chord notation, manually generated fingerings, better sheet music implementation, better tones, rocksmith workshop)

I've been playing since October and I've seen a lot of improvement (I even got a 61 Key Roland upgrade from my ALESIS Q49)

https://twitter.com/toymachinesh/status/1725012568622747863/video/1 - song I've actually practiced a lot (Steve Lacy - Amber)

https://twitter.com/toymachinesh/status/1721746068524736954/video/1 - playing this totally wrong

https://twitter.com/toymachinesh/status/1740849058380689531/video/1 - FUN!

toymach1ne fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Dec 30, 2023

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011

apatheticman posted:

Not impressed.

https://old.reddit.com/r/rocksmith/comments/18s0b16/rocksmith_plus_refund/kg1vwod/

Making sure you see this

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Thanks. Nothing so far on the Ubi side but... christmas break I guess.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

What song is this guy playing at 3:10 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HB2-B2PbU1k&t=190s
with his mouth?

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
Desolate Motion by Karawan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6AfUToxi34

toymach1ne fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Jan 5, 2024

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
https://theriffrepeater.com/first-rocksmith-song-drop-of-the-year-adds-full-green-day-album-and-muse-guitar-bass-piano/

Rocksmith+ adds Green Day (Full album of Dookie), MUSE (Stockholm Syndrome, Knights of Cydonia, Time is Running Out, Hysteria, Supermassive Black Hole), and covers from Adele and Elton John

toymach1ne fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jan 5, 2024

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Honestly kinda can't believe that it sounds like they're turning this product around, dang.

I... I might resubscribe.

Boar It
Jul 29, 2011

I would give it a go but all of those payment issues and Ubisoft being fairly quiet regarding them is putting me off. I am not about to deal with some bullshit charges a year down the line because their garbage fucks up.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011

Boar It posted:

I would give it a go but all of those payment issues and Ubisoft being fairly quiet regarding them is putting me off. I am not about to deal with some bullshit charges a year down the line because their garbage fucks up.

Seems like they are refunding the people affected but a more official statement would be nice.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Drone posted:

Honestly kinda can't believe that it sounds like they're turning this product around, dang.

I... I might resubscribe.

Huh, now I don’t know how to feel. I bookmarked for the love of 2014, then stayed for the enjoyable trainwreck of +.

I know I’m never giving them 14.99/month but I’m curious to see how this turns out.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
https://twitter.com/TheRiffRepeater/status/1744417940261290422

in a move surprising nobody

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I mean they're starting to right the ship so it's a little less maddening I suppose.

Still deathly allergic to subscriptions but that's a me thing.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
One of the ubisoft guys from the reddit thing asked for my ticket/ubi account toymach1ne

Hopefully it gets sorted, thanks for making it visible.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The price is steep but primarily the complaint near the start was paying that much for, of all things, the complete discography of The Wiggles.

If they have a solid library of good songs then the price at least reflects the quality. Plus there's Piano Mode now.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://www.reddit.com/r/rocksmith/comments/191r69r/rocksmith_price_increase_march_4th_2024/

33% price increase.
loving hell.

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004
$20 a month is insane

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

That’s a bit excessive

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Tracking piano ain't cheap y'all!

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
How hard can it be? They're 600 pounds and immobile.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

How hard can it be? They're 600 pounds and immobile.

I laughed

apatheticman posted:

One of the ubisoft guys from the reddit thing asked for my ticket/ubi account toymach1ne

Hopefully it gets sorted, thanks for making it visible.

Happy to hear that, they probably have a lot of people affected by this and the timing over the holidays was unfortunate to say the least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

toymach1ne posted:

Happy to hear that, they probably have a lot of people affected by this and the timing over the holidays was unfortunate to say the least.

Refund was processed today or last night.

Not the best process or communication but at least I got mine...