Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Muscle wizard showed up in my town as a tourist. It was majestic :allears:

This is a fantastic LP. Faerie Fortune, you are working serious magic with Mastercontroller over there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleep of Bronze
Feb 9, 2013

If I could only somewhere find Aias, master of the warcry, then we could go forth and again ignite our battle-lust, even in the face of the gods themselves.

goatface posted:

A house with one fewer bed than there is inhabitants.

The best private house.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Private House but move Muscle Wizard and Werewolf into the house next door.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Don't worry guys, Muscle Wizard is in a very safe place! I'll try to move him close to our household but I can't make any promises. I will do my best though, he seems to have become this threads' darling somehow.

Also update will be a tad late as my sister kidnapped me to go to the beach with her and my nephew, and then to the pub for dinner. I lead a hard life, guys.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
Private Hooooouuuusssse! :bahgawd:

Yeah but we totally gotta keep Muscle Wizard close, and, like M. Morgan said, all the poo poo that's not nailed down in the dorms closer.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.
There can be no Goonhaus without a Haus to call the Goons'.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Update 18 - Finals

Its exam day and nobody is happy. Except Jimmy who is eating midnight mac and cheese, and Dachshunds who is..

...boring her date with the story of that time she slept on a bench outside of art class. Okay.

Back at home, Eevee enjoys a light meal and a chat with Muscle Wizard. Aww :3

Dachshunds decides to skinny dip on 0 degree weather and as a consequence, gets these two moodlets. She's got an adrenaline rush from skinny dipping in public but she's loving cold. If she has this moodlet for too long, she will freeze to death.

Snuggles broods by the beer, Dachshunds shows off her ridiculous swimming goggles. Fuckin' nerd.

The game will warn you about the dangers of leaving sims in the cold too long with this want. Dachshunds currently desires to warm up and considering what she just did, I'm not surprised she's cold. Luckily she takes the hint and heads home. I don't know how her date went by the way, the game never told me. If you just walk away from your date before it officially ends, you get no buffs from it but you also don't get any negative moodlets from a bad date either so there's that I guess.

Dachshunds is the last housemate awake at this point, and she settles down for some early morning mac and cheese. Of course, it spoils halfway through her eating it and becomes gross. Because she keeps eating it, she gets this moodlet. Jimmy has eaten his fair share of gross meals before but since he's a Slob, it doesn't bother him one bit. More discerning sims will get this moodlet from rotting and gross food.

Have fun with your 50 minutes of sleep! Actually it was closer to 30 once she took 20 minutes to get up the stairs.

Final exam time rolls around for everyone but Jimmy, who is super happy to stand around and strum in his underpants. Never change, Jimmy.

A couple of hours later...

Eevee is super stressed out and apples heads home since her next exam isn't for another few hours to catch up on some sleep and get invited to a party.

The second lot of exams are over, which means that for Snuggles, Eevee, Roar and Dachshunds, they're done for the term! Snuggles is not happy but he has time to help me show off what the academic panel looks like when your term has ended/not started yet. Roar and Eevee catch a nap outside of the building.

Snuggles heads home to get some much-needed rest and Jimmy decided that actually no, he doesn't want to take his final exam, and left halfway through, causing me to freak out and force him back in there. He still somehow passed.

Roar is stinky, tired, hungry, bored and upset because he hosed up his exam. Meanwhile, apples finds a graduation gnome in her inventory! Gnomes are a Thing in the Sims. In Sims 1 you could be mean to people with gnomes in their gardens by kicking them over for no reason and in 2 you could do that as well but at night they would teleport around the house so you'd get a gnome and put it in the garden, then find it in the garage two days later. In the Sims 3, gnomes are given to sims either randomly, or for achieving a thing (I once got a puppy gnome when I made best friends with my dog) and they still do the creepy "teleporting around the house when nobody is looking" thing. So we have that, I guess!

Snuggles' actions have affected his descendants. We should check that out later. apples gets a reminder about her party and goons that aren't us are actually learning things!

In true apples style (seriously, she's done this twice now!) she decides to flake out on the party to play frisbee with a random student instead. Jimmy4400 makes an appearance too!

Back at home, Eevee desires pizza and after the day these guys have had I think some pizza would really cheer everyone up! apples gains an athletic point for throwing a piece of plastic around and the pizza is ordered!

Exams are officially over! So how did our fuckups do? Not well. 4/6 sims failed both sets of exams. Which two did well? We'll find out when the report card gets here!

Pizza and beer, apples is my kinda gal!

I like to read these in a really passive-aggressive tone because there's absolutely no way that Miles would have been ignorant to the fact that apples was standing in front of the art building playing frisbee the entire time she was supposed to be at his party.

Goons learning things!

We don't actually get our results until Saturday but I sped ahead because a) I was curious and b) the only thing the housemates did until Saturday afternoon when the results came in was eat, sleep, shower and yell at Muscle Wizard and watching them take care of basic needs is not that interesting.

So now, without further ado...the report card!

Everyone actually did...pretty okay despite failing those exams! All except Snuggles of course. When you do badly during the university term, you don't necessarily "fail". You just take a hit to how many credits you earn. Snuggles will either have to take some extra credits next term or do a whole extra term to catch up. We'll decide that later though!

Jimmy celebrates by playing guitar for everyone. Put on pants, Roar. Speaking of celebrations, remember when I said that one of our sims had a positive moodlet from being on the Dean's list, but I blurred out the name so you couldn't tell who it was?

I lied.

It was two sims! Jimmy and Dachshunds have been kickin' butt this term and have managed straight A's without any intervention from me. Having the Virtuoso and Artistic traits really helps, as it means they'll do activities that boost their grade of their own free will, and they'll find it fun as well, which contributes a whole lot. Congratulations to you two!

Dachchunds gets this want and an hour later, the term is ended and our goons are at home again. Its been a fun two terms, full of fire, wizards, yelling, more fire, werewolves and failure! But now its time to take a break, relax and think about other things for a bit and have some fun!

Poor Snuggles gets this want :smith: and everyone bundles into the house at home, which is empty as I had to sell everything in it to pay for their first two terms' tuition.

But wait...

There's a distant rumble. The ground shakes, and a bolt of some kind of energy hits the ground near the house.

What could this be...where could it lead...? What kind of journeys could a man have there..?

Snuggles has little to lose at the moment and bravely volunteers to take the plunge into the unknown. Godspeed, Snugglecakes Thegooning!

Next time: Into The Future

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Passing the unit despite failing the exams? I'll take it! :toot:

Pizza cures all negative feelings anyway.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
When will you want suggestions for stuff to do in the future? I don't want to go into what could be considered spoiler territory by accident.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Special Super Duper Thread Bonus Time!

Snuggles has gone through the mysterious portal on the hunch that it will send him through time, hopefully the future! However, that is not where he ended up, although time travel was involved.

It seems that Snuggles' portal has malfunctioned and sent him back to Sims University in the year 2009! He feels...blockier. Less like pudding...and an overwhelming urge for grilled cheese.

Join me, Overseer Faerie Fortune and my copy of The Sims 2 Ultimate Edition as we put Snuggles through university in the past and stream the whole thing!

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
Petition to change the thread name to "Go Cybernetic Hoverllamas!" for the duration of Snuggle's stay in the future.

Also I'm curious about descendants when none of your sims are actually related. Does it go off of the sim who went into the future, or does it always go off the active household no matter who's living there? Because if it's the latter we're going to have a hell of a lot of futuregoons.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

Faerie Fortune posted:

Snuggles has gone through the mysterious portal on the hunch that it will send him through time, hopefully the future! However, that is not where he ended up, although time travel was involved.

It seems that Snuggles' portal has malfunctioned and sent him back to Sims University in the year 2009! He feels...blockier. Less like pudding...and an overwhelming urge for grilled cheese.

Join me, Overseer Faerie Fortune and my copy of The Sims 2 Ultimate Edition as we put Snuggles through university in the past and stream the whole thing!

Yours works? I can't seem to get my free version from Origin working, it just stops on the first Loading Screen.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Silegna posted:

Yours works? I can't seem to get my free version from Origin working, it just stops on the first Loading Screen.

How long did you let it run? It takes for-loving-ever to load for me, but it does eventually finish.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Faerie Fortune posted:

I was also in this. It was a good time. Let's do it again soon FF!

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Silegna posted:

Yep, let it sit on the first loading screen for a little and it should load up pretty quick, I thought mine was broken too at first but with a bit of patience it worked fine

eating only apples posted:

I was also in this. It was a good time. Let's do it again soon FF!

It was a very fun time, we will definitely have more Adventures of Kanji Tatsumi and the Professor Smustle on stream!

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Also the archive of today's stream is up on Twitch! I'll be uploading another version to youtube overnight so that should be available tomorrow! Thanks again to everyone who came along for the adventures of Snuggles McGoonname in the past!

Snugglecakes
Dec 29, 2008

:h: :glomp: :h:

Faerie Fortune posted:

Also the archive of today's stream is up on Twitch! I'll be uploading another version to youtube overnight so that should be available tomorrow! Thanks again to everyone who came along for the adventures of Snuggles McGoonname in the past!

Horray! :unsmith: I popped on for like 2 minutes after lunch today at work, but obviously couldn't stay to watch my hijinks. (and by hijinks, I mean brooding and staring out windows)

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

There was less brooding and staring out of windows and more pancakes and dancing with professors in a really dumb outfit that made eating only apples and I laugh far more than it should have.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Faerie Fortune posted:

There was less brooding and staring out of windows and more pancakes and dancing with professors in a really dumb outfit

in bathrooms.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Watching the stream, you actually can lock doors and limit who can enter rooms in the sims 3, but you'll get a lot of sims complaining that they can't path to something on the other side.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

Faerie Fortune posted:

Yep, let it sit on the first loading screen for a little and it should load up pretty quick, I thought mine was broken too at first but with a bit of patience it worked fine

It worked. Man I gotta got some patience I guess. Then again, the Sims really isn't the best game to lack patience in.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.
For some reason even though I click on the link you provided, twitch won't load up the archived video for me. :smith: That's rubbish, I really wanted to see this.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Jenner posted:

For some reason even though I click on the link you provided, twitch won't load up the archived video for me. :smith: That's rubbish, I really wanted to see this.

It'll be on FF's youtube channel soon :)

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

And here's the youtube archive of the stream. It starts at 5:05 because the first five minutes are silence while I set everything up and ate ice cream. Both links are now in the OP so you can choose between twitch or youtube to view this thing. Have fun folks and Snugglecakes, I apologise for everything.

Faerie Fortune fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Jul 25, 2014

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Update 20 - Into The Future

Last time, Snuggles bravely investigated the portal that had appeared outside of our goons' house. What could possibly come out of this thing...? Where does it lead...?

This guy came out! Investigating the portal sets off a quest chain related to the future and it basically works as a tutorial/guide to how the future works and what you can do there. The portal currently needs power so we have to go on a search around our lot to find six power cells to repower it!

...its not that difficult.

Time traveller man talks to Roar about movies while we collect things, and we're done! We hand in the opportunity and the game tells us to follow the guy into his portal. Sure, why not? But first, lets look at the almanac of time!

Here's where you can change the future! For now we have the normal outcome but if we like, we can trigger the utopian/dystopian options. Triggering each one sets off an event chain that will lead to that specific outcome and change the future. Its pretty cool!

Here's the descendants tab! We're in the present so we can't see any yet but once we get to the future we can use this window to find where our descendants live and go meet them!

The third option is the Legacy Statues tab. I'll get into this later but its another bunch of cool things to do to change the future. Into the Future is a great expansion because its very goal-based, so there's a lot more direction when you go to the future than for example, to Sim-France where you just get dumped in a place and told "I dunno, do stuff I guess"

Snuggles thinks about rockets for a bit and we're off! What could this amazing new future look like?

Pretty fuckin' awesome, as it turns out!

While you're in Oasis Landing, you get this moodlet. Which makes sense to me, you're in the future, of course you're gonna feel good about it!

If you set off the opportunity chain with the time traveller, you'll get this popup soon after you arrive. You get a free jetpack and are offered money to use it. So not only are we in the future, we are given a jetpack completely free, and being paid to use it. The future is awesome!

Once we're done jetpacking, we get offered money to hang out with robots. Snuggles demonstrates his proficiency with the jetpack by piloting it straight into the ground and getting himself stuck. Good job! He also gets this moodlet because he's piloting a loving jetpack, why wouldn't he be happy?

We need to find some robots to talk to, and the best place to do that is in the central part of Oasis Landing. So let's take a trip to the cafeteria and try to find some robots to hang out with!

...yeah, not gonna happen, buddy.

I managed to spot a robot waiter at the cafeteria so let's go pester it! Also I spot another cool future-thing! This lady is playing a Laser Rhythm-a-Con which is basically a theremin made out of lasers. Which is pretty loving awesome, and they sound great too! Very chiptune-y.

Snuggles finds a robot to make friends with, asks about its function and gets money for it. Awesome! Also like humans and pets, humans and robots have special relationship icons when they're interacting :3: I cannot understate how adorable simbots are

Once again we are being offered money to do rad future poo poo. This time we have to open up our robot buddy and change his trait chips. Since robots aren't people they don't have traits. They instead have trait chips that are built and installed by sims. These trait chips dictate their personalities and primary functions. So let's open up our buddy and see what's inside!

Here's what the trait chip screen looks like! The trait chips that the robot already has installed are on the right, the ones we have are on the left - doing this opportunity gives you a randomly selected set of chips to play with. This robot already has the Friendly Functions chip installed, as well as RoboNanny (which makes them great with kids) and RoBotanist (which makes them tend your garden for you!) our options are to install a trait chip this robot already has (which is pointless), the Fear of Humans trait chip (which is just plain mean) or the Holo Projector, which basically turns the robot into a walking, talking phone. I pick that one because who doesn't want a holo projector robot?

Cute things around the cafeteria! This robot is playing with a holo-disk which is basically just a future furby but a hundred times more adorable. They're cute little pets that your sims can interact and play with, each one comes with a randomly generated sprite from a list of (I think) ten and you can trade sprites with other people to collect them all!

This weirdo kid has the Bot Fan trait. Bot Fan sims absolutely love robots. They like interacting with them, building them, tinkering with them, and yes, dressing like them! This kid's costume isn't too refined just yet but we'll give him a pass because he's just a kid, and also because its adorable.

The second part of this opportunity is to give a robot a high five. We are being paid for this.

Once again we are given free stuff, told to do awesome future things, and getting paid for it. This time we're told to drink a synthesised drink. We're given a hoverboard as well and hell yes we're trying that out!

Here's the drink synthesiser! You pick a drink from the list and it poofs it into existence for you. Simple as that!

...sometimes it can go wrong though!

Some more quests! We have to read a statue and get paid for it. Sure, why not? Also because I have StoryProgression we'll still get updates on the things happening to the population of Oasis Landing. For Snuggles I've set it to only show stories from friends and relatives. Looks like his descendant is getting married to her girlfriend soon! Aww

Time to head to the park then! And since we just got a new hoverboard, its a good time to try it out. Snuggles isn't very good at it yet but at least the park is super pretty!

Well, that was easy. Each of these statues represents a thing that you can do to change the future in little, subtle ways. If your sim does these things then in the future, their names will be on the statues inscriptions. For this specific one, you have to become best friends with the time traveller, change the future to dystopia and then utopia, then reset the timeline. Its one of the more pointless ones but some are pretty cool. You can read about the requirements in this article!

More quests for free money, and Snuggles is brooding about time. Some things never change. This quest is dumb because its on the other side of Oasis Landing. We could get there with jetpacks but there's another fun mode of travel that I want to show off so off we go!

Floating monorail! Since we're doing Rad Future poo poo, we get a cool moodlet as well!

...its just a door, dude.

We're on a mission to Dig Up Stuff and in true Sims style, the stuff we need to dig up is about three feet away. Snuggles is super enjoying all this future-tech though and he really wants to learn more about it! During our digging we also find a fragment of A Thing. What could it possibly be?

Its getting late and the time traveller is back on the other side of town so this time we are going to travel by jetpack. We're there in about half a second, as opposed to the several minutes (real time) it took us to get the monorail/walk there.

We're done with the time travellers' quests! We can come to him whenever we like to help him with experiments but what we'd actually be doing is being paid money to do Rad Future poo poo so its definitely worth it if you have no idea what to do next.

All this questing has done a number on our mood and Snuggles is not a happy time traveller right now. Time to get him somewhere to pee, eat and sleep...although not at the same time.

Oh dear. Way to make an impression there, Snuggles! Yes, he just pissed himself in front of time traveller man. Good going there, buddy.

Snuggles just pissed himself but he's super curious about that crashed ship. He's also super happy because he made friends with the time traveller. Aww :3:

So we leave off on midnight on our first day in the future. Snuggles is surrounded by robots, really cool interior decorating and some of the best, most advanced technology he's ever likely to see. But he's upset because he's hungry :saddowns: way to appreciate the future, buddy!

Now its time for a vote! Snuggles has completed his introduction to the future and he could definitely stand to stay for a little longer but what should he do while he's here? There's lots of choices, including but not limited to;

• Try to open the door of the crashed ship.
  • Hang out with robots.
  • Learn to build robots.
  • Improve Advanced Technology skill.
  • Learn to play the Laser Rhythm-a-Con.
  • Help Emit Relevart with his experiments.

Votes will close on Monday, August 4th!

Also there should be some more super awesome bonus content appearing in this thread soon so keep an eye out for that as well! Even I don't know how it'll turn out so I am super stoked to find out!

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
I vote for option G. Eat Something! The dude's starving!

Following that however, building stuff sounds neat! Option Build-a-Bot are go!

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I'm pretty sure the only way Snugs is ever gonna get a sparring partner is by building a Super Fighting Robot. Get your hands on a Limitless Learning chip so it can learn martial arts.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Voting for open the ship and hang out with some future aliens!

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
"L.E.I.A." Cute.

I say we open the ship and hang out with future peeps. Learn some poo poo about advanced tech if you've got time.

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Just burn everything, that'll solve your problems.
Open the door and get loot.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Open the door! If you're going to go to the future without the rest of us, you had better bring back cool stuff.

(Pictured: Eevee and Roar not actually giving a gently caress about time travel.)

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Oh god drat it this looks really cool, time to reinstall and buy this expansion.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

You can woohoo in the time portal?

HomestarCanter
Oct 21, 2008

Strong Bad,
you're a horse's twees.
Wow, that future stuff looks amazing. Time to reinstall. :argh:

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

Having already seen what's inside the door, I vote for Snugglecakes to create his very own robot to love and cherish and kidnap to the present for housework purposes.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Like noble Prometheus, Snuggles shall bring man the knowledge of ROBOTS!

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Geokinesis posted:

You can woohoo in the time portal?

D... Don't woohoo in the time portal. :ohdear:

Build a robot.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Build a robot.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

Dareon posted:

D... Don't woohoo in the time portal. :ohdear:

Last time that happened we got this mess of garbage. Think of the children....s TV shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

How can you not make a robot?

• Locked thread