Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
Buy everything. Scatter it senselessly about the dorm.

Or, I guess if you wanted to be reasonable, I'll vote for the science machine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
I vote for the street art stuff.

Lolance
Sep 15, 2010
Science!

Nothing goes wrong with Science.

Ever.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

As an aside, how are you guys feeling about the length of updates? I felt that the introductory one in the student union was a bit short so I tried to get more content for this one and I hope I've got a good balance :ohdear: I don't want updates to be too long and boring.

100Dachshunds
Oct 11, 2009

GOCHARMSPRINGS

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Faerie Fortune posted:

As an aside, how are you guys feeling about the length of updates? I felt that the introductory one in the student union was a bit short so I tried to get more content for this one and I hope I've got a good balance :ohdear: I don't want updates to be too long and boring.

I liked it! The LP is really fun, longer is great.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
The length of the latest update was perfect.

Also please move non-goon sims to empty unfurnished lots if possible. The coach crashing around campus will never end.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Yapping Eevee posted:

I'm not sure whether to say something about the PC gamer master race, or to point out that I wouldn't play an American football game if you paid me.

Clearly that's all that the free college-provided computers come with.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
It's better then Space Cadet Pinball. :downs:

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
You shut your whore mouth.

Snugglecakes
Dec 29, 2008

:h: :glomp: :h:

Faerie Fortune posted:

Snuggles and Jimmy decide to take advantage of the free hot dogs and have breakfast together, clearly in no rush to get to their first class early.

Hot dogs? For breakfast? :v: We sure are some crazy college sims, boy howdy. :allears:

Let's have some good fun and make some bad decisions with the Juice Keg!

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

LorrdErnie posted:

Juice Keg! Y'all are a bunch of fuckin nerds with your science.

exactly this. Juice Keg!

Also that is some serious John the Baptist poo poo going down in this image:

OurLivesOnline
Nov 5, 2009

let's be friends
Gonna have to go with the Science Machine here! Imagine... TWO whole Apples. The possibilities are staggering.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

OurLivesOnline posted:

Gonna have to go with the Science Machine here! Imagine... TWO whole Apples. The possibilities are staggering.

Two Sims LPs that never get updated? :what:

Juice Keg, I want my sim to take after me in all aspects.

Hey Faerie, if you have a moment would it be okay if you gave my sim glasses? I guess the thick-rimmed black hipster ones but anything would be fine. I'm a four-eyes :shobon:

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.
I'm too old for university.

That bonfire is going to kill someone. :ohdear:

I vote croney horn-rimmed librarian glasses for Apples.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Are you using some kind of facial mod, or did you just spend a lot of time in the creator? The characters look less "Sim"ish and more like real flesh and blood people, except for Roar, who looks like a Disney cartoon. Still, he doesn't look "Sim"ish, either.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

eating only apples posted:

Hey Faerie, if you have a moment would it be okay if you gave my sim glasses? I guess the thick-rimmed black hipster ones but anything would be fine. I'm a four-eyes :shobon:

Whoops, shall do!

Veryslightlymad posted:

Are you using some kind of facial mod, or did you just spend a lot of time in the creator?

No facial mods, I just use a custom skin and am a perfectionist about Sim faces.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Totally going to have to go for the Juice Keg because nothing can go wrong with Sims having sugar rushes!

PK Starstorm
Jun 2, 2011
I dunno, I want to see what sort of horrors they could get themselves into using the science station.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Science or bust! We all know how drinking goes but how many of us have had a science machine, huh?

Fizzicist
Nov 14, 2009

I should be voting for science because that's what's expected of me, so I vote Keg Stands Juice Keg.

OurLivesOnline
Nov 5, 2009

let's be friends

eating only apples posted:

Two Sims LPs that never get updated? :what:

Two whole persons to eat all the raw onions around the house. Possibly garlic as well!

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

I haven't forgotten about this thread! I was planning an update today but the UK is being hit with the worst tidal surges in 60 years right now and I happen to live in a costal area that is very prone to flooding. Sims is the last thing on my mind when there is a very real chance that I will spend some time with no power and a flooded town. So I do apologise but updates may be delayed by a day or two until I can be sure that I won't lose power halfway through my play session.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Faerie Fortune posted:

I haven't forgotten about this thread! I was planning an update today but the UK is being hit with the worst tidal surges in 60 years right now and I happen to live in a costal area that is very prone to flooding. Sims is the last thing on my mind when there is a very real chance that I will spend some time with no power and a flooded town. So I do apologise but updates may be delayed by a day or two until I can be sure that I won't lose power halfway through my play session.

You're not in Norfolk, are you? :v:

I'm far enough inland to avoid everything but the wind (so windy). I hope things don't get too bad where you are!

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

West Cumbria actually, 5 miles or so from Whitehaven. Nobody interesting lives here and it sucks.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Faerie Fortune posted:

West Cumbria actually, 5 miles or so from Whitehaven. Nobody interesting lives here and it sucks.
Yeah I've been working a little south of you in grange for the last month and it is pretty dull.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
We're used to really, really long delays in sims threads, don't fret it.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Stay safe, Fortune. :ohdear:

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Okay, winds have calmed down and I'm no longer at risk of waking up to find my town underwater, which means its time to count the votes!

Third place is the street art kit with a paltry one vote.
In second place (by a margin of three) we have the juice keg with 11 votes!
So that means that in first place with 14 votes, the house is getting its very own science research machine!

Trust you guys to choose the one item on that list that Sims can't use autonomously, and thanks to Fizzicist for giving me the idea to let you guys vote for additions to the house. If you have any suggestions, feel free to send them my way! For now though, I shall zoom off into simland to make the next update!

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Faerie Fortune posted:

Okay, winds have calmed down and I'm no longer at risk of waking up to find my town underwater, which means its time to count the votes!

I had no idea it was that bad on the west coast as well! I got out of college to find my route home through Newcastle was Altantean.

Also have someone clone themselves and have a vicious ping pong duel with the clone. Loser gets atomised. :colbert:

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

MarquiseMindfang posted:

I had no idea it was that bad on the west coast as well! I got out of college to find my route home through Newcastle was Altantean.

Also have someone clone themselves and have a vicious ping pong duel with the clone. Loser gets atomised. :colbert:

What, no stand off where both original and clone try to convince someone wielding a gun to shoot the other? Lame.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Update 3 - Dachshunds , Lord of Fire

First things first!

Much better! Speaking of apples, she's had this want for some time..

Let's give it to her! Now let's just go look for a place to put it, maybe by the front door. Oh hey, there's someone there, I wonder who it cou-

...okay then.

Here's apples' new toy! Right now she can't do much with it because her Science skill isn't high enough and she doesn't have the required things to experiment on. She'll get them eventually though. As you can see on the menu, researching science will give us major Nerd points. apples is asleep right now though and has classes early today so she doesn't really have time to be playing around with science just yet!

Looks like Jimmy4400's boyfriend left him :( poor guy.

Its 4:45am and Dachshunds is awake and very very hungry.

She grabs some of the leftover salad from Roar's group meal last night and just...sits here in the dining room looking all :smith:. I think the dirty plates are bothering her.

5am and Jimmy is up, looking fabulous!

apples wakes up not too long after. I love her three llama moon shirt so much.

She immediately gets up and stares out of the window. There's something seriously wrong with you, apples.

Dachshunds continues to make the creepiest faces in the dorm :stare: but at least she's doing the dishes!

I also bestowed an ice cream machine upon our house! With this store content we can...well, make ice cream! Sims love it, its cheap and it gives them a nice mood boost so its worth having. Also if you have a deep-fryer too you can make the greyed out options but we won't be doing that yet.

apples comes to investigate and she is fuckin' stoked about ice cream.

She can't be too excited though because she soon left to check the sinks. Neurotic sims are weird.

Morning, Snuggles!

Eevee wakes up with this moodlet, thanks to his Unlucky trait. He ran off to the bathroom almost as soon as he was out of bed and proceeded to break it. That's just what the unlucky moodlet does. It makes you break poo poo.

Just a small update on the Jimmy vs Pool Table battle; musical instruments are now being employed as a form of psychological warfare.

(actually he's just practicing another trick)

Dachshunds and Roar have cornered this poor roommate in his room. Dachshunds is talking to him and Roar is just standing there, watching and looking uncomfortable.

...really uncomfortable.

Its class time! apples has a lecture today and both Snuggles and Eevee have their class activity, so off they go!

Dachshunds is yelling at the roommate while Roar looks on.

I know how you feel, apples. Also in the background there is Jimmy4400, hovering over his (ex?) boyfriend, Macklemore Mackalmoor and a selection of hilarious Sim faces.

Here's another goonsim, spotted at the Communications class activity! Hi there Cathulhu!

(also I apologise if you didn't want to be a communications major, I added goonsims by hijacking the NPCs and changing their looks/personality through MasterController which doesn't appear to give you a way to change majors)

Gooooood morning, Vietnam!

The Communications class activity involves all the Communications majors gathering in the school quad and spending two hours constantly broadcasting stuff with these mini broadcasting thingies. Snuggles and Eevee will be here for a while!

Roar continues to be a good roommate and prepares mac and cheese for breakfast. For reference, its about 7am at this point.

Jimmy also corners the roommate to enthuse about music for a while. That poor roommate hasn't had a chance to leave his room yet, goons just love talking to him.

Eevee looks pretty happy with class activities :3:

Its been at least five minutes since Dachshunds yelled at the poor guy so she decides to run across the house to argue with him about chalkboards.

:3:

Dachshunds , you're kinda mean :(

Jimmy is pumped as hell about ice cream.

Oh for gently caress's sake, Dachshunds !

Leave the poor guy alone, he looks absolutely traumatised :(

apples is a combination of :saddowns: and :eng99: and its funnier than it has any right to be.

Wait, what?

Oh goddammit, Roar. Luckily there's a smoke alarm in the kitchen so a firefighter should be on their way pretty quickly!

Posted without comment.

I am not kidding when I say that Dachshunds literally ran across the house to come and fight this fire. She just waltzed into the room, pulled out an extinguisher and went nuts while everyone else freaked the gently caress out...well, except that one weird girl who is super happy about fire.

:hist101:

She's so good at fighting fires that she manages to completely subdue the flames before the firefighter arrives, leaving him looking somewhat disappointed in the doorway. Don't worry firefighter man, you'll probably get plenty more opportunities in this house!

After proving herself to be a Lord of Fire despite being a big old meaniepants, I decide to give our Dachshunds something to help her celebrate her victory over the elements.

She's been after one of these since she spawned and it'll help her grades too so why not?

Here's the things she can do with it! She can create wall or floor murals, tag walls and eventually earn tips for doing so! Creating things with this kit will help her grades and give her points towards the Rebel social group, which makes a lot more sense than kicky bag.

What are you looking so proud of yourself for?

As the Pyro wanders off, our other NPC decides to eat invisible ice cream in the kitchen.

Eating ice cream by the way, will give this moodlet! A nice little boost, all things considered.

Dachshunds gets straight to work with her new toy and spraypaints the wall in her room.

Jimmy attempts to work through his emotions through videogames but he looks pretty traumatised to be honest. :ohdear:

Roar is the only person so far to be nice to this guy, by asking him how he slept :kimchi:. By the way, did I mention yet that its only just past 10am? Today has been eventful!

After the travesty that was his attempt at breakfast, Roar decides that maybe pizza is a less dangerous option.

I indulge him because hey, he's right.

Dachshunds has earned a skill point! :toot:

As you can see here in the Academic record, doing this is actively contributing to her grade. A lot of arty activities will contribute for our artgoons, including cooking, writing, painting, all musical instruments and of course, street art.

Not bad at all!

Sims fuckin' love ice cream.

"Hey, did you see that cool-rear end fire I started?"

Dachshunds takes a break from vandalising the dorms to play kicky bag. She looks pretty happy about it.

"Oh hey, the doorbell is ringing"
"Yay!"

Pizza is here!

apples' first lecture is over and she leaves with this moodlet.

Mr Roommate is out front practicing magic! I have Supernatural so like this guy and the zombie girl at the start of the update, we'll see a lot of random supernatural sims around. Anoki here is a wizard, but you don't have to be one to learn it, humans can learn it too so long as they have a wand! Pretty cool huh?

Snuggles and Eevee rush home.

apples are you okay?

Everyone gathers by the front door for some reason, probably wondering where the smell of burnt mac and cheese and appliances is coming from.

:science:! We'll see how she gets on next update.

Its 12pm and therefore, time for Dachshunds , Jimmy and Roar to have their first lecture! Its been an eventful day so far so we'll leave off here for today and focus on Apples, Eevee and Snuggles next time!

Faerie Fortune fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Dec 7, 2013

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Oh goodness. :ohdear: Fire already? This does not bode well!

There should totally be a room for the resident artists to just spraypaint the hell out of! Can you modify the designs they'll spraypaint via shenanigans and file trickery? I'd love to draw and submit a tag if you can. :allears:

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

MarquiseMindfang posted:

There should totally be a room for the resident artists to just spraypaint the hell out of! Can you modify the designs they'll spraypaint via shenanigans and file trickery? I'd love to draw and submit a tag if you can. :allears:

And so the dorm was covered in dickbutts.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
Glad you're okay, Fortune! The winds were awful to drive through, my bus nearly went off the road going to Penrith.

There's just something about Sims setting things alight that reassures me about my cooking. :allears:

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

MarquiseMindfang posted:

There doesn't need to be a room specifically for that because Street Art can be done anywhere! Unlike painting where you need an easel (which is not portable) street art only requires the kit which is very very portable. So Dachunds canvas is the entirety of campus. So she can paint the entirety of the outside first floor of the dorm if she really wants to, its totally possible.

Also I don't know if you can change the designs but let me check and see because it would be a super cool way for people to contribute if its possible!

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Please, Dachshunds kicked that fire's rear end and sent it back to hell.

WickedHate fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Dec 7, 2013

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
It sorta bugs me that the poster's name is 100Dachshunds :ohdear:

Thanks for my glasses! I hope the happy flatmates befriend that zombie, she seems cool imo.

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
Cathulhu, not Cathulu. :colbert:
But seriously, I'm jut happy to be along for this one :buddy:

I'll give it a day or two 'til we have our own Papa Nurgle brand toilet. Disgusting toilets always seems to happen in Sims LPs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Oh goodness, I'm sorry! I tried really hard to get both spellings right but apparently my brain had other ideas. I will correct them both next time I'm in game!

Realtalk: I'm dyslexic and those spellings looked totally right to me so if I've misspelled anything else at any point please let me know, otherwise I'll just end up running with it. Being my own proofreader is convenient and timesaving but evidently not working quite as well as I thought it would.

• Locked thread