Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Monkeyseesaw posted:

At the very least the parentheses are pretty yonic.

Yeah did people not get that was supposed to be a vagina?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Jewmanji posted:

Certainly film critics were all in a fit when they found out that Antichrist had genital mutilation in it, but no one worth their salt accused Von Trier of being "10 years behind the times", or that Antichrist was "edgy" for the sake of being edgy, I think he's earned a little bit more credit than that.

People have been accusing Von Trier of being edgy for the sake of edgy for his entire career.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Von Trier comparing himself to Hitler was the marketing campaign for Melancholia.

Oh I'm definitely not saying it's baseless. Manderlay is the most "LOOK AT HOW SHOCKING THIS IS" bullshit I've ever seen.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Jst0rm posted:

Will they be uncomfortable? Isn't that kind of the point. Why is it we can all watch death and feel normal but sex makes us uncomfortable unless we are alone watching it on the Internet? If I feel uncomfortable watching sex then I want to not feel that way because sex is an amazing part of life.

But from the trailer it appears to be particularly violent, disturbing, unsettling sex and Von Trier is a director with a history of depicting that. Not to mention that his second-to-most recent movie, which he's said this forms the third part of a thematic trilogy with, contained multiple graphic scenes of genital mutilation.

Uncle Boogeyman fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Dec 5, 2013

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Jst0rm posted:

I mean even if all your worst fears come true. It's violent and sexual and violent sexual and you projectile vomit from simply viewing it. Film doesn't have to be easy, it can be challenging and uncomfortable.

I don't think anyone said that wasn't the case.

• Locked thread