Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Nymph Maniac seems pretty right after that trailer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

People have been accusing Von Trier of being edgy for the sake of edgy for his entire career.

Von Trier comparing himself to Hitler was the marketing campaign for Melancholia.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I was agreeing, just adding that it's something he cultivates to keep interest in his work.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Even in Jane Eyre she's really raw, she's like a less polished Cate Blanchett.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Mr. Flunchy posted:

I love how people take Von Trier's films so personally, to the point of feeling directly insulted and feeling genuine anger if they don't like it. It's probably harder to do that than you'd think.

This is part of the reason I find him a more effective filmmaker than, say, Gaspar Noe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Just finished watching all 5 1/2 hours of the director's cut. I liked how frank it was.

Frankly a bunch of bullshit!

• Locked thread