Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mustach
Mar 2, 2003

In this long line, there's been some real strange genes. You've got 'em all, with some extras thrown in.
I was a bit interested in this, but the trailer turned me off of it. It looks reductive and probably a slog. Not that I take all trailers at face value, but the pieces available here give me little confidence. The "I'm Joe and I'm a nymphomaniac" "we call it 'sex addict'" exchange is what does it for me, especially with the summary describing her as "self-prescribed." It seems like it's going to be another case of a character, for one reason or another, labeling herself as something they find despicable, despising themselves, and rolling along on the LvT perpetual motion misery machine. Also, it could've had none of that and looked great, but the Rammstein still would make it seem silly.

Five hours is pretty absurd for one movie, even with an intermission. While I think three hours can be a fine length, five would be an entire night of free time if I dared to watch it on a work day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustach
Mar 2, 2003

In this long line, there's been some real strange genes. You've got 'em all, with some extras thrown in.
I'm in total agreement on the trite dialogue. I become more certain that I'll hate this movie every time I think of the "my only sin" mini-monologue.

Mustach
Mar 2, 2003

Dafoe looks like he's taking a nap on the toilet.

Mustach
Mar 2, 2003

Skeesix posted:

We don't need a soliloquoy about "political correctness" and how it's wrong that you aren't allowed to use the word "negro" or "neger."
What are the details of this?

• Locked thread