Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I love how people take Von Trier's films so personally, to the point of feeling directly insulted and feeling genuine anger if they don't like it. It's probably harder to do that than you'd think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Hbomberguy posted:

As I've tried to point out, I don't hate the movie, it left such a small impression on me. I enjoyed hating the people of Dogville, which was great.

Sorry - I wasn't talking about you. It was more of a general observation.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Rita Repulsa posted:

In the main characters struggle I saw none of that. She was just full of hate. Like some of the people who got me this way.

"Film was inadequate representation of my life. One star."

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Dammit - I got a last minute invite to the London press screening of this today but it clashed with my tickets for American Psycho the Musical. Most of my critic friends that went loved it though.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I think Part 1 is the lightest thing I've ever seen from Von Trier, pretty hilarious throughout. Part 2 was definitely more what I was expecting. I now know about a while bunch of random trivia too as a result of the digressions.

I loved the Antichrist falling kid fakeout.

Great experience all round though, and 4.5 hours passed pretty quickly. Could've used a bit more Udo Kier though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Atlas Hugged posted:

Is it lighter than The Boss of it All? I thought that was a pretty good comedy considering who the director was.

I haven't seen The Boss of it All sorry. But the cinema I saw Part I in was laughing about as much as your average comedy.

• Locked thread