Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
leokitty
Apr 5, 2005

I live. I die. I live again.
A theater can probably do only one showing of a 5 hour movie a day in prime hours, even being able to do two is a big difference for them. I'm sure that's a concern.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leokitty
Apr 5, 2005

I live. I die. I live again.

the posted:

This and also distribution companies have learned that they can literally make double profits by splitting movies in two.

See: Harry Potter pt 7, Twilight, The Hobbit, Hunger Games, etc.

I don't think that's really an apt comparison, those adaptions were split into two during pre-production and the decisions were also about franchise building. I am sure LRT movies make a lot more for distribution companies than the great bulk of indie movies but not to the point where splitting it into two is a goldmine.

It's going to be shown at a lot of small places with like 3 screens that aren't going to want to show it on all three screens which they'd have to do if it were five hours long/etc.

• Locked thread