Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I watched the trailer earlier and it looks weird as all gently caress. Even if it turns out to be terrible, the trailer still got me interested enough to see it.

The only Von Trier films I've seen before are Melancholia, which I loved, and parts of Antichrist and Dancer In The Dark, which were both totally bizarre and not in a good way (from what I saw).

Hopefully it'll be completely bonkers and a decent movie but that remains to be seen.

So if it's 4.5 hours long and will be released in 2 parts, this one is just part 1?

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Nov 23, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

FreudianSlippers posted:

Someone call the :cumpolice:.

I have a feeling this is going to be slightly awkward.
slightly?

I can't wait to hear reports of people going to see this on dates. Especially first dates. :getin:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

Having finding a name for the song in the trailer, can it be found anywhere else?
It's a Rammstein song written for the film. Might be called Nymphomaniac, but who knows.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Well that's pretty hilarious, and also potentially very damaging to those kids.

That's even worse than when the first part of The Hills Have Eyes 2 was shown to an audience full of kids and their parents who went to see The Last Mimzy :v:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

If you think Melancholia is the worst movie you've ever seen, you must have only ever seen a few movies in your whole life.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Watched Volume 1 the other night with friends and Volume 2 tonight with the same group of friends (who have all seen Melancholia, Antichrist and Dancer in the Dark). I thought it was a well done age-spanning journey, but I don't think it's one I'd watch again on my own. The sex scenes weren't as bad as I was expecting but several of them were still pretty graphic and a handful of them felt uncomfortable to watch, even though they could have been way worse. I never felt like it was overlong, though. In fact I kept finding myself wanting to see it unfold more and more. I can't say that about most 4 hour long movies. But now that it's all unfolded, I don't feel the burning desire to revisit it. At least not right away.

It started off being completely insane. From the moment I was aware that Joe and her friend were having a contest to see who could seduce and then gently caress more men on a train and the winner would receive a bag of chocolates early on in Volume 1, I thought "Oh yeah, this is gonna be a loving trip."

Am I the only one that thought Shia LeBeouf sounded way more natural with a British accent than his normal American accent? :stare: It weirded me out every time he spoke because he honest to god sounded like a more cultured version of himself and now I feel like I'll never be able to take him seriously when I hear him speak in his normal accent again (not that I ever have).

The scene with Uma Thurman bringing herself and her and H's kids to Joe's apartment while H is there and her next appointment comes in was one of the most awkward, hilarious things I've seen in any movie in a long time. The "whoring bed" was a particularly :wtc: moment.

The ending of Volume 1 was loving hilarious too. It was so abrupt and then the Rammstein theme started playing and I lost my poo poo.

The Negro line made my eyes roll to the back of my head.

RE: The ending - I predicted that happening fairly early on, but then decided after a while that maybe it wasn't going that route after all. Then when it ended up happening after all at the end, I was still shocked because of the way it was presented. I looked at the screen in horror. My reaction was pretty much "Jesus Christ NO :stonk: "

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Mar 21, 2014

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Atlas Hugged posted:

His face was so loving perfect.
"But you've hosed thousands of men! :ohdear:"

Yeah, buddy. That makes it totally okay. Especially after you've heard her whole story.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

8raz posted:

I sort of enjoyed both parts but I felt the whole thing was a bit weak. Stellan Skarsgard was fine but his whole narrative device with Joe felt indulgent.
Well after this part ended, my friend I was watching it with and I were joking to each other about how various scenes later in the movie related to fish.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Taear posted:

Have you never heard anyone from the UK speak? All the reviews here mention how his accent is completely and utterly terrible, switching around from sort of londonish to Australian then a bit Irish and everything in between. In some ways it has spoiled the movie in the UK altogether because the reviews harp on about it so much.
After his performance here I feel like he shouldn't be given a part in any other movie ever.
No, I have. I even have family members that are from Ireland. I just meant it sounded like a more natural speaking voice for him than his regular American accent, even if it did sound goofy.

Although admittedly I'm not that familiar with the different accents of the various towns in the UK, so I guess it would be a lot more noticeable if you are.

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Mar 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

B...B...BUT YOU'VE hosed THOUSANDS OF MEN! :gonk:

Yeah, it was pretty hilarious.

• Locked thread