Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Just based on trying to register for this game I don't have high hopes. Apparently the date of birth has to be fully typed out, like "September 17 2004" instead of any usual short hand. It doesn't tell you this.

Still, I'll try my hand at being a pirate. Avast and whatever.

Is stealing ships really worth it if you don't intend to throw money into this for ship slots? Not to terribly sure how that works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

This is a interesting game.

The ship battles are lovely and work well, however the rest of the game is somewhat unintuitive at times. Not really frustratingly so, but it can slow you down. Non-ship combat, with your avatar, on the flip side is... Kind of lovely and a mess. It goes from skill and tactics to hoping your level and equipment is good enough and mashing the attack buttons.

Given that you have to do avatar combat for boarding, for dat sweet fukken loot, that's a bit of a problem.

Still, it was fun. I don't think I quite understand the economy aspect of the game, or at least any trading. There are auction houses but you need certain skills to see ones that are out of your region and beyond something simply not being in the list there doesn't seem to be any signs of whether there is a demand or not. (Through purchases or economic buildings.) This plus the somewhat limited piracy zones means that trying to pirate for profit doesn't seem like it's actually a thing. Which... is odd. I spent about a half hour wandering over to Port Royal, in the thought that maybe some fellow newbies would spring out with PvP on or something, but even getting into the PvP spot at the time all I saw were tons of NPCs and a handful of players - mostly pirates, mostly level 50.

Still, it's only recently reopened and it was a holiday at the time, to boot, so I am sure it will get better. I recommend it for anyone on the fence.

What's the character name for the leader of Pink Ponces?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Try just asking in your national chat, the community, as small as it is right now, are a pretty tight knit bunch.

The economy side of the game probably is on its face as a whole, though. Not the volume of people needed to keep things flowing nicely. Pirates have it easy being they can largely generated their own deeds until they hit level 50 and need the good stuff.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

That didn't take very long.

• Locked thread