Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I think we may have to start recycling some ideas... I thought of several good ideas that had already been done before. Granted, I've only been around for the second half or so, so I don't remember then all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I'm certainly not going to troll GBS for contestants, once the voting is up I was planning on posting in GBS to get some voting traffic.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Lessons Learned from ICSA 59:

Squashy Nipples posted:

I'm certainly not going to troll GBS for contestants, once the voting is up I was planning on posting in GBS to get some voting traffic.

Don't do this. We gained no useful traffic from my post in GBS.

Also, asking people to state how many times they had entered came off weird, and I wouldn't want it to skew people's votes, so I don't think we should do that again. My intention was to come up with some honorable mentions for newbies, but that didn't really work out well, either. We have the separate NICSA, that's plenty.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Scientastic posted:

Fail the gently caress out of it and document the whole thing. Some of my favourite ICSA entries have been glorious failures.

Yup. Just remember, we are meanest to the regulars, newbies get a lot of leeway.