Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
I've cooked a whole lot more with caramelized onions than I have with cranberries, so Cranberries have my vote. It's fun to cook outside your box! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

I just finished polishing off a recipe for pizza crust made using Cassava Flour, so I'd be down for that.

I just don't know whether that would count as Africa, since that's where it's most commonly eaten, or South America, since that's where it originated. :confused:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

If you'll cover The Food Lab for the ICSA winner, I'll offer my Anova Precision for a NICSA prize.*

(*Assuming it's not frowned upon or in bad taste to offer a used appliance as a prize. It's a $150 machine, and still in fairly pristine condition, I've only had it for a year. But I understand if it wouldn't be acceptable to offer it.)

(Oh, and obviously I wouldn't be entering NICSA if I'm sponsoring the prize for it. :v:)

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

I would offer it as the ICSA prize, but I've got a feeling that the people more likely to participate in ICSA over NICSA probably already have a sous vide circulator. :v:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

In that case, feel like flipping the script? My prize for ICSA, the book for NICSA?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I've never even had African food, but I'm sure I can YouTube something.

You should make fufu, and then do some kind of South American soup to dip it into. :getin: