Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

I'd like to sign up to chair one as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Does anyone object to NICSA : PIE for October? Because I want to make it happen, and will front for rewards.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Fenrir posted:

drat, someone wants to actually do a NICSA and it's one thing I really feel like I'd fail the gently caress out of. Oh well.

Still hoping to one day find NICSA: Roasted Chicken or something like that :shobon:

All the more reason to do it!

Pie. Make one. It's tasty.

I'll put the post up on Monday. I need to make an example or two first. :v:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

IT IS BEGUN!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3745414

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

PDP-1 posted:

I looked back through the last few pages and near as I can tell this will be NICSA 18, ICSA 66. Does that sound right?

It's definitely NICSA 18, my PIE contest was 16 and there's been one since.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

More than a year has passed without a challenge.

This is is a shame.

I will be posting up NICSA 19 on Monday. Do any of you have a good idea for a full ICSA?

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 06:44 on May 11, 2017

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

If no-one jumps up to sponsor it, I'll make my NICSA a dual category challenge to give a bit more time to figure it out.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

NICSA 19: BATTLE PICNIC has begun!

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

It is coming.

Prepare.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Scientastic posted:

How long must we wait?!

Soon (TM).

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

As Croatoan and Pretentious Food before her, Wroughtirony has escaped the feeble bonds of this world and left us without a chairman. If one of you is willing to step up and coordinate this, please PM your friendly local mod.

I have updated the list of ICSAs and NICSAs through current.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

A year has passed.

You know what that means.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Suspect Bucket posted:

GUYS I JUST STOPPED DRINKING

Nah kidding. I was actually just finishing my pm to LC when the loving power went out, then I spent two days thinking I had sent the PM, and that I was being ignored. Until I just checked my pms and realized that not only did I not send it, but the draft wasn't saved either. Hahaaaaaaaaa. But I'm excited for beans!

Was gonna say, I didn't -see- any new PMs. :)

That Works: I've added your NICSA to the list! You are officially NICSA 20, as I was holding off mine in hopes someone else would do one!

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Your ICSA, your rules. I've extended a couple of mine if someone needed a bit more time.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

That could be pretty interesting. I think I could get there pretty handily if I was breaking down the costs of amounts actually used as opposed to full packages, but when staples have gotten so much more expensive I don't think I could swing it at full package prices.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

See, I could do that, but it'd be hard to do it as a three course because most of my go-tos for that sort of cooking are from when I was a poor rear end line cook living with six people, so they're mostly one dish meals.

In short, gently caress yeah let's do it. Although I do think it fits better as an ICSA than a NICSA, and Suspect Bucket's next up on the NICSA list.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Mar 11, 2019

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Waci posted:

Maybe ask people to actually post the costs for everything? Might be interesting to see how the relative costs of different ingredients compared to each other differ in different places.

That's part of the appeal for me as well, although I know people are sensitive about how much they want to reveal about their locations, so I wouldn't make posting receipts a requirement or anything.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

If you want to volunteer to run one, be my guest.

I won't have the ability to run one myself until mid August thanks to work travel.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

I am disappointed in all of you.

I let it go for a full year, and no one stepped up to claim ICSA 69.

It is mine now. Prepare yourselves.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Yep. I often submit a non-competition entry because I love to cook, but since I'm usually the chairman it's not for the prize.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Go for it! I've been holding off a bit on ICSA pushes because I know it's hard for folks to get ingredients right now between the industry being a trash fire and quarantines.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Someone posted that Terrible Minestrone Recipe, so now we have an ICSA.

ICSA 70: Chili Redux.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

I'm down.

Someone else is running an ICSA so I can enter. :D

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

If it hasn't materialized by June, I'm just going to roll my own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

For those who just read via bookmarks, we've got a new ICSA starting!