Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZippySLC
Jun 3, 2002

~what is art, baby dont post, dont post, no more~

no seriously don't post
Nothing says "power broker" like a telephone in convenient reaching distance from the toilet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venusian Weasel
Nov 18, 2011

What's the best way to get permissions to explore some of these resort areas? I'm loathe to trespass anywhere, which hampers my ability to get good shots.

Anyway, some pictures from Cairo and Mound City, IL.

The region, up until the 1940s, was fairly important to the economy of the region. Situated at the confluence of the Mississippi and Ohio, Cairo was a hub of river commerce and travelers moving south and west. Mound City was a river port a couple of miles up the Ohio from Cairo, and was important as a staging point for the invasion of Tennessee during the Civil War.

However,new railroad development and the building of highway bridges across the rivers destroyed Cairo's economic base. The population began to fall from its peak of about 15000 in the 1940s to about 8000 by 1967. That year saw the beginning of massive racial violence precipitated by the death of Robert Hunt, a black soldier on leave. He had been arrested, and was found hanging in his jail cell. Police claimed it was a suicide, while black community leaders, aware of increased persecution of the city's black population by the police, claimed it was a murder. Riots broke out the next day, which ended with several businesses burned.

Federal and state intervention resulted in a temporary resolution of the affair, but a white neighborhood watch group calling themselves the White Hats formed as a response to the riot. Over the next two years, the White Hats harrassed the black community, which organized the Cairo United Front in response. Inevitably, the two groups descended into nearly open warfare on the streets. Several more riots would occur between 1969 and 1971.

The violence also precipitated massive white flight from the city, which shrank nearly 30% between the 1960 and 1970 Census. Today, the town is on state life support, with a population a little under 3000. For years the center of the town was filled with abandoned buildings, but in 2012 the town's government received money from the Department of Health and Human Services to begin removing the buildings in a bid to spur redevelopment of the town.

Personally, I'm not sure how successful that will be, as there's not as great a need for development in the area anymore. The town also has a reputation for rampant crime (partly deserved, partly racism). I'm not really sure when Cairo is going to hit rock bottom.

Anyway, pictures:

Southern Medical Center by venusian-weasel, on Flickr

Southern Medical Courtyard, Cairo by venusian-weasel, on Flickr

DSC_0138 by venusian-weasel, on Flickr

Cairo's only hospital, closed in 1986 from mounting debt and falling patient load. The building has been condemned and partially demolished. According to a local resident, the nearest medical services of any kind are 45 minutes away in Cape Girardeau, MO. For a town with crippling poverty, that's a long journey, especially when gas prices in town are nearly 30 cents more expensive than prices on Interstate 57 a few miles away.

Decaying House, Cairo by venusian-weasel, on Flickr

Surrounding the hospital is a decaying neighborhood. Many houses sit abandoned, while others are owned by people who struggle to make ends meet, much less maintain a large, ornate house. One two story house was up for rent at $125/month.

Commercial Ave, Cairo by venusian-weasel, on Flickr

The remnants of Cairo's commercial district. A lot of demolition work has been done here over the last year, and to give an idea of how much, here's a blog post from someone's trip at the beginning of 2012. (I was in Cairo in 2011 for the huge floods, and was planning to take some pictures of the buildings in case they were destroyed, but I'd forgotten to charge my camera before taking the spur-of-the-moment trip. I'm goddamn stupid sometimes)

Gem Theater, Cairo, IL by venusian-weasel, on Flickr

One of the treasures of downtown Cairo, the Gem Theater, sitting abandoned. There has been a start-and-stop effort to repair the theater, but the effort was apparently stopped thanks to the recession and austerity. (Sorry for the lack of better pics, I got a bit skeezed out when another car pulled up, asked what I was taking pictures of, and then peeled out after I answered)

Abandoned Building, Cairo by venusian-weasel, on Flickr

I'm pretty sure this is the largest building still standing in Cairo. Not sure what it was used for, but appears to be an apartment building.

Anyway, let's turn our attention to Mound City. I apparently didn't upload my pictures of the main drag to flickr, so I'll have to fix that soon. There were a couple of large churches sitting abandoned in the middle of town, though:

Abandoned Church, Mound City by venusian-weasel, on Flickr

That's not lens distortion, the steeple is actually leaning.

Go Away by venusian-weasel, on Flickr

I'm not sure, but it might have actually been converted into a residence.

Abandoned Church, Mound City by venusian-weasel, on Flickr

Sitting right across the street is another abandoned church. Unlike the other one, I'm pretty sure this one has no one living in it.

I'll get the pictures of the commercial buildings uploaded soon. Not really much to see there except a hardware store with a collapsed roof and honeysuckle growing in the front display space.

krooj
Dec 2, 2006
Grain silos in Buffalo, NY:

L1000922 by kroojinder, on Flickr

L1000935 by kroojinder, on Flickr

Seagull Fiasco
Jul 25, 2011

Tactical Sandals, please make a tumblr and don't forget to tell us when you publish this in book form. I move around too much to ever feel that coffee table books are worth the investment but I'd buy yours.

I love abandoned houses but I'm also scared of being prosecuted for trespassing.

Heilanstalt Teupitz was built in the small town of Teupitz, southeast of Berlin, the early 1900s as a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients. It's a large complex comprising several buildings. Once tuberculosis came increasingly under control, Teupitz instead became a mental hospital. During WWI it was used as a military hospital and after that it again reverted to being a mental hospital. During the interwar period the hospital housed one Paul Gösch, a so called "sensitive type" and an artist of some renown. The rise of NSDAP and the outbreak of WWII did not pass by Teupitz unnoticed as many of its patients were selected for the Nazi euthanasia program - among them Paul Gösch.

After 1945 Teupitz was located in DDR. The German sensitive types moved out and the Russian military moved in - and stayed until 1994. It continued to be used as a hospital, though I'm not quite sure whether it was for the mentally ill or just a standard military hospital. While exploring we found a dark basement that was used as an animal stall - for cows, most likely. So at least the admitted always had fresh milk...

IMG_9741 by norrskensren

IMG_9753 by norrskensren

IMG_9757 by norrskensren

IMG_9760 by norrskensren

IMG_9770 by norrskensren

IMG_9802 by norrskensren

IMG_9826 by norrskensren

IMG_9842 by norrskensren

IMG_9706 by norrskensren

TACTICAL SANDALS
Nov 7, 2009

click clack POW, officer down

Norrskensren posted:

Tactical Sandals, please make a tumblr and don't forget to tell us when you publish this in book form. I move around too much to ever feel that coffee table books are worth the investment but I'd buy yours.

I love abandoned houses but I'm also scared of being prosecuted for trespassing.

Heilanstalt Teupitz was built in the small town of Teupitz, southeast of Berlin, the early 1900s as a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients. It's a large complex comprising several buildings. Once tuberculosis came increasingly under control, Teupitz instead became a mental hospital. During WWI it was used as a military hospital and after that it again reverted to being a mental hospital. During the interwar period the hospital housed one Paul Gösch, a so called "sensitive type" and an artist of some renown. The rise of NSDAP and the outbreak of WWII did not pass by Teupitz unnoticed as many of its patients were selected for the Nazi euthanasia program - among them Paul Gösch.

After 1945 Teupitz was located in DDR. The German sensitive types moved out and the Russian military moved in - and stayed until 1994. It continued to be used as a hospital, though I'm not quite sure whether it was for the mentally ill or just a standard military hospital. While exploring we found a dark basement that was used as an animal stall - for cows, most likely. So at least the admitted always had fresh milk...

IMG_9741 by norrskensren

IMG_9753 by norrskensren

IMG_9757 by norrskensren

IMG_9760 by norrskensren

IMG_9770 by norrskensren

IMG_9802 by norrskensren

IMG_9826 by norrskensren

IMG_9842 by norrskensren

IMG_9706 by norrskensren

These are amazing! I love seeing places like this that haven't suffered from tons of vandalism. I've never been to Europe but I'd love to take a trip soon and just do tons of exploring. I've seen lots of photos of some incredible abandoned structures over there, like crazy French mansions and poo poo. If you haven't seen it already, check out fuckyeahabandonedplaces.tumblr.com. They get some pretty rad stuff submitted sometimes.

Here are some photos from a former "farm school" (ie reform school) for girls located outside of Philadelphia. Built in the early 1900's, it almost resembles a small college campus except for, well, all the barred windows (inside as well as outside) and vaguely prisonlike living quarters. It closed in 2001 due to financial issues, while researching articles on it there were often comments from former residents that actually recalled their time there rather fondly. We found a lot of records there of girls sent to the school that resided right in the neighborhood we live in now in South Philly.

Rot
Apr 18, 2005

Awesome work, guys!

To any with ongoing projects, please keep us up to date.

Unfortunately a number of things have kept me from getting any photos of my latest goals but I have another chance in late January.

In the mean time, I wanted to bump this thread with a couple oldies of abandoned stuff:

IMG_8656.jpg by Brian.M.K, on Flickr

Found on a mountain top one night:

IMG_8204.jpg by Brian.M.K, on Flickr

Venusian Weasel
Nov 18, 2011

Murphysboro, IL used to host a shoe factory. The factory, owned by Brown Shoe, was built in 1907 and expanded several times over the next few decades. Operations were moved out of the plant in the mid-60s, and the building has stood largely abandoned since (a small taxidermy company operates out of a wing of the factory). About a decade ago a portion of the roof collapsed in the disused part of the factory, starting off the slow collapse of the rest of the building. During the derecho of 2009, one wall of the building caved in, followed soon after by the floors. Sometime in the last year another large portion of the wall buckled outwards. Here's what's left to be seen:

19th Street Shoe Factory by venusian-weasel, on Flickr

Collapse by venusian-weasel, on Flickr

Hanging On by venusian-weasel, on Flickr

Chute by venusian-weasel, on Flickr

Entrance by venusian-weasel, on Flickr

Open for Business by venusian-weasel, on Flickr

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01
Went to an abandoned gold mine, was smaller than I was expecting but pretty neat.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I only found this thread today, as these threads seem to not get a lot of traffic. These pictures are amazing and I hope you guys can post some more stuff soon now that it's getting warmer out.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I have it on good authority that Forums Poster Dakana has some biiiittttchin' urbex from his honeymoon, taken with a camera I gave him as a wedding gift.

(grats dakana and mrs dakana)

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01

DJExile posted:

I have it on good authority that Forums Poster Dakana has some biiiittttchin' urbex from his honeymoon, taken with a camera I gave him as a wedding gift.

(grats dakana and mrs dakana)

Never pictured Detroit as a honey moon destination...

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.
nevermind (use your imagination)

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Dread Head posted:

Never pictured Detroit as a honey moon destination...
I dunno, it looked pretty rad in Robocop.

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.
I thought I was the only one watching Robocop on my honeymoon. I told her I was was gonna ED209 all over her OCP Boardroom.

Mightaswell
Dec 4, 2003

Not now chief, I'm in the fuckin' zone.

feigning interest posted:

I thought I was the only one watching Robocop on my honeymoon. I told her I was was gonna ED209 all over her OCP Boardroom.

Don't stop I'm almost there!

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
So I packed up my Salvador Dali print of two blindfolded dental hygienists trying to make a circle on an Etch-a-Sketch and headed for California.
The gifted camera that made it all possible (no way I'm taking nearly $5k of camera poo poo on a kayak) was the Olympus Tough TG-1. Waterproof to 40 ft, shock proof from djexile himself dropping it onto concrete. Fantastic camera to throw in your pocket but then still shoot at f/2 underwater. Super responsive for a point & shoot, and while there isn't full manual control or RAW, there's still plenty of options that let you tell it what you want it to do.

The cool thing about this island is that the locals told us it was a former monastery. When we got home, though, we looked it up and found out that before it was rented out to the nuns every August, it was used as a smallpox quarantine island. After smallpox was eradicated, they started renting it to vacationers (and the nuns). Then, there was a fire in the 40s or 50s and it's been sitting ever since. It was only a third of a mile's kayak ride to it from the beach.

Here it is on a different day when we decided that we needed to check it out sometime.
P4080003-Edit by nick.kneer, on Flickr

IslandExploration-24 by nick.kneer, on Flickr

IslandExploration-19 by nick.kneer, on Flickr

IslandExploration-16 by nick.kneer, on Flickr

IslandExploration-13 by nick.kneer, on Flickr

IslandExploration-10 by nick.kneer, on Flickr

IslandExploration-8 by nick.kneer, on Flickr

IslandExploration-6 by nick.kneer, on Flickr

IslandExploration-3 by nick.kneer, on Flickr

IslandExploration-2 by nick.kneer, on Flickr

Despite the name, the only life we saw was a shitload of these guys and larger.

dakana fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Apr 21, 2014

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01
Exploring an old mine.

SteiniDJ
Jun 20, 2013
These may stray slightly from the original topic, but I do hope that you enjoy them.

The north-western part of Iceland is filled with abandoned houses which are a remnant of "better" times. The national fishing industry used to be spread around the country, but it has since then been consolidated to a handful of towns. This means that there are small villages / settlements which have hardly seen a shred of life for the last 20 - 30 years and bear the mark of abandonment. There are dozens of abandoned farms here as well, some of which haven't been occupied since the early 1900s.

Djúpavík by Steini DJ, on Flickr

The fishing industry in this small village (Djúpavík) used to be big enough to warrant a passenger ship to be brought in for housing for the workers. The ship remained after the industry shut down and today this village thrives on tourism during the high summer. It's not accessible during winter. The farms and settlements are supplied by the coast guard during the winter.

Ghost house in Iceland by Steini DJ, on Flickr

This house is next to an abandoned factory. It says "access denied" on the front as it probably isn't safe to enter. The factory next to it has been abandoned since the 1950s, so the same can probably be said about this house.

I failed to take a decent shot of the factory. It was filled with aggressive birds.

Old Land Rover wreck by Steini DJ, on Flickr

Not far from the house was this old Land Rover. They used metal containers most likely come from the factory.

Old MAN by Steini DJ, on Flickr

We went further north and ended up on a small farm close to the sea. This old MAN 19-240 (80s model) has felt the effects from the ocean and hasn't left this spot for a decade or so.

Thor by Steini DJ, on Flickr

In a shed next to the MAN was a statue of Thor carved out of driftwood. Most houses and bridges here are built out of driftwood, as transporting timber here is very hard - if not impossible. I'm not certain where the driftwood comes from, but locals believe that Russian lumber mills are the most likely culprits.

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy
This is kind of a mega post, but here's a bunch of photos from the Chernobyl exclusion zone, mostly taken in Pripyat.

Chernobyl Power Plant by TomOlson, on Flickr

Pripyat by TomOlson, on Flickr

Pripyat & Chernobyl by TomOlson, on Flickr

Get out of here. by TomOlson, on Flickr

Pripyat by TomOlson, on Flickr

School by TomOlson, on Flickr

Untitled by TomOlson, on Flickr

Untitled by TomOlson, on Flickr

Basketball by TomOlson, on Flickr

Hospital by TomOlson, on Flickr

Horror by TomOlson, on Flickr

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

holy poo poo that last one :gonk:

Also I hear a lot more of the Chernobyl area is safe to tour these days (or at least not illegal). True?

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

DJExile posted:

holy poo poo that last one :gonk:

Also I hear a lot more of the Chernobyl area is safe to tour these days (or at least not illegal). True?

Yes that is true, it is both legal and safer. The government actually oversees all of the tourism in the area- you have to send a letter to them requesting access. The tour companies give you templates that you just modify slightly and then they submit it for you, but you have to sign it and poo poo.

One of the cool new areas they opened up is the Duga transmitter, aka "Woodpecker" which is a big awesome radio tower. I wouldn't recommend going to it unless you are spending two full days in the zone though; it eats up too much time for a single day.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Chernobyl might be safer these days, but I wouldn't recommend going to Ukraine this year. :v:

Top Gear did a segment on it recently, they kind of hammed up the OMG RADIATION angle because that's how they roll, but it looks like these days once you get your paperwork in order getting in isn't much of a problem.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

xzzy posted:

Chernobyl might be safer these days, but I wouldn't recommend going to Ukraine this year. :v:

haha yeah I was wondering about that too. That's awesome that it's mostly safe to explore nowadays. That tower would be amazing to see. How long are you able to stay in the zone now? I'd imagine you still have to get clear after a few days or so.

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

DJExile posted:

haha yeah I was wondering about that too. That's awesome that it's mostly safe to explore nowadays. That tower would be amazing to see. How long are you able to stay in the zone now? I'd imagine you still have to get clear after a few days or so.

The background radiation there really isn't all that serious- they have people that live and work there for at least a couple weeks at a time, and it might even be more like a month... I can't remember exactly.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Wow, that's a lot better than I was expecting.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Chernobyl (well, Pripyat) (ok, and the Elephant's Foot) is my dream photo trip. Too bad it's in the Ukraine. Even if it weren't going to hell due to the scuffle with Russia, I've read way too many stories about needing bribe money just to move about the cities due to the poor pay of the police, and I'm not really in the mood to deal with that.

Bob Socko fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Apr 29, 2014

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The good news is if you love risking radiation exposure to photograph abandoned structures, Japan has one of those now as well and they should be much more stable politically!

Just gotta wait 20 years for everything to get that lovely run-down aesthetic.

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

Bob Socko posted:

Chernobyl (well, Pripyat) (ok, and the Elephant's Foot) is my dream photo trip. Too bad it's in the Ukraine. Even if it weren't going to hell due to the scuffle with Russia, I've read way too many stories about needing bribe money just to move about the cities due to the poor pay of the police, and I'm not really in the mood to deal with that.

The only time I got hit up for bribe money while I was there was as I was getting ready to leave- at the airport I was standing with my girlfriend while she was smoking and a police officer came up to us, took my passport, told us it was a non-smoking section, then marched us to an empty hallway in the airport and basically said we could either pay him now or we could go to the security office and pay them a lot more.

Luckily while we were walking I had a good feeling how it was going to go down, so I was able to sneakily take all the money out of my wallet except for a $20, and then I was all like "well sir I'd love to pay you but this is all I have" and he was okay with that, and we were on our way.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.

RangerScum posted:

amazing picture

Holy poo poo dude.

What is that in the background of the ferris wheel one? Northern lights? Fireworks? RADIATION??? :tinfoil:

I'd love to go, but what with being a former cancer patient dude my chances of getting the big C again is high enough as it is :v:

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

Geektox posted:

Holy poo poo dude.

What is that in the background of the ferris wheel one? Northern lights? Fireworks? RADIATION??? :tinfoil:

I'd love to go, but what with being a former cancer patient dude my chances of getting the big C again is high enough as it is :v:

Stars and clouds moving during a long exposure. :)

murp
May 30, 2007
I got to explore an abandoned amusement park in Myrtle beach SC this morning. I didn't have much time, but I took a few good shots while I was there. I really want to go back and get a better look inside the buildings and rides. Being alone in a place like this is so eerie. I have been in tons of abandoned buildings, but never anything this massive.

DSC_9407 by Dingus Falcon, on Flickr

DSC_9360 by Dingus Falcon, on Flickr

DSC_9398 by Dingus Falcon, on Flickr

DSC_9394 by Dingus Falcon, on Flickr

DSC_9387 by Dingus Falcon, on Flickr

DSC_9378 by Dingus Falcon, on Flickr

DSC_9374 by Dingus Falcon, on Flickr

DSC_9364 by Dingus Falcon, on Flickr

DSC_9359 by Dingus Falcon, on Flickr

DSC_9358 by Dingus Falcon, on Flickr

There are more on Flickr, these are just some of my favorites.

murp fucked around with this message at 17:12 on May 26, 2014

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Wow, that's really interesting. I used to work at Lake Compounce in CT, so we would close over the winter. That place looks like it just needs a onceover of the landscaping and it could open in a week.

murp
May 30, 2007
Yeah I thought it was a little odd. It's been closed for like 5 years but I didn't see any kind of vandalism. The really crazy thing is the equipment left behind. There are hundreds of Peavey outdoor pa speakers all over the park. I even found a boom lift in there that seemed functional other than a dead battery.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
Holy poo poo I promised to post this stuff like 11 months ago, and now I'm going back up there in two weeks. Here, enjoy the Bridge River, the last and greatest untouched ghost towns in BC:

Album 1:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/61645656@N08/sets/72157645614359302/

Album 2:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/61645656@N08/sets/72157645614359282/

Album 3:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/61645656@N08/sets/72157645211543130/

Furnace
by Lyreem, on Flickr

Wayside Mine Interior
by Lyreem, on Flickr

Pioneer Mine Building
by Lyreem, on Flickr

Rime fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Jul 11, 2014

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

Wayside Mine by Lyreem, on Flickr

Trip successful, you could spend a week up there and not see all the good stuff!

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Went to explore an abandoned carpark.

Go Slow I by alkanphel, on Flickr

You can see the rest of the set here.

Obama 2012
Mar 28, 2002

"I never knew what hope was until it ran out in a red gush over my lips, my hands!"

-Anne Rice, Interview with the President

Wikipedia posted:

The Theodore Hamm Brewing Company was established in 1865 when Theodore Hamm, a German immigrant, inherited the Excelsior Brewery from his friend and business associate, A. F. Keller. Keller had constructed his brewery over artesian wells in a section of the Phalen Creek valley in St. Paul, Minnesota known as Swede Hollow. Hamm hired Christopher Figg to be his masterbrewer, and by the 1880s the Theo. Hamm Brewing Company was reckoned the second largest in Minnesota.

His son, William, and grandson, William Jr., inherited the operation in 1903. During Prohibition, the company survived by producing soft drinks and other food products, enabling it to expand rapidly through acquisitions after the repeal of Prohibition in 1933. In 1968 the company was acquired by Heublein, which sold it to Olympia Brewing Company. Pabst then purchased Olympia along with Hamm's in 1983. Miller Brewing acquired the brand in 1999. Miller was later purchased by South African Breweries and the name was changed to SABMiller. Subsequently, SABMiller formed a joint venture combining their US and Puerto Rican assets with those of MolsonCoors to form MillerCoors, the current owner and brewer of the Hamm's Brand.[1] MillerCoors now produces three Hamm's Beers, Premium, Golden Draft, and Special Light.[2]

Chromatic by Setzu, on Flickr

Beams by Setzu, on Flickr

Untitled by Setzu, on Flickr

Billy by Setzu, on Flickr

Powerstation by Setzu, on Flickr

Fermentation by Setzu, on Flickr

Tony Two Bapes
Mar 30, 2009
Hamm's was a pretty fun place to hang out at like five years ago imo

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

My old high school was abandoned a few years back, so last week I gathered up the Mamiya C330 and went for a bit of an explore. It was suitably trashed, smothered with graffiti but there were some interesting things to see... and lots of nostalgia, in a weird, desecrated kind of way. Took a few rolls of film... one of them got a bit chewed up inside the camera, but still got some worthwhile shots.

Looking up the main upstairs hallway - math, language and geography rooms located all along here.

Caringbah - Main Hall by garbutto7vxg1, on Flickr

Caringbah - Maths Room by garbutto7vxg1, on Flickr

Caringbah - Library by garbutto7vxg1, on Flickr

Caringbah - Boys' Toilets by garbutto7vxg1, on Flickr

While most of the main building looked like this, an outbuilding used by Industrial Arts was in a very different state. Much less trashed, and a few impromptu additions brought in to transform it into a makeshift indoor skate park.

Caringbah - IA Block Skate Ramp by garbutto7vxg1, on Flickr

Caringbah - IA Block Pipes by garbutto7vxg1, on Flickr

Caringbah - IA Block Rail by garbutto7vxg1, on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
20140805 Window Writing_ by MedievalMedic, on Flickr

• Locked thread