Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

AFewBricksShy posted:

The city of Philadelphia's flag uses the same colors because the Swedes were the first to colonize the area.

When it comes to flags that say "We were colonized by Swedish people", Wilmington has everybody beat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

SilkyP posted:

I really like my states flag (ohio)

its not even shaped like a regular flag
You're talking about the OBAMA flag?? :tinfoil:

http://mediamatters.org/research/2008/10/16/radio-host-bob-grant-asserted-that-obama-create/145712

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

magic pantaloons posted:

Is it sad that I prefer this fictional Australian flag from the Simpsons than the actual one?

I like this Australian flag from work of fiction Event Horizon.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Here is the flag of the Republic of Maryland, a briefly independent African nation that had been settled by former slaves from the US state of Maryland. It is badass.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Professor Shark posted:

Scrollin through an armorial, heraldry has the most bizarre poo poo in it:
A lot of these things are basically the Almighty Imperial Gangsters a few hundred years ago.

http://chicagogangs.org/index.php?pr=IMP_GANGSTERS_DRAW

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

So you just like the St. Andrew's Cross?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

BBJoey posted:

speak for yourself, if I see any incorrect opinions about flags or otherwise I will flay the poster alive.

A heavily stylized and stereotypical Something Awful forums poster being flayed alive for a bad post sounds like a perfect nonsensical heraldric device.

• Locked thread