Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

DarkCrawler posted:

Those are really cool. Some of them don't seem to have that much thought behind them, but some are pretty recognizable in interesting ways...

Detroit
I couldn't really see where they got that from, and looking it up on their website: it's a little clever but very much a stretch.

This is Detroit's official city flag. It's pretty similar to a lot of city flags in the US: a combination of various colonizing powers (France & England) with the stars & stripes and the city's seal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

daert1 posted:

Michigan has some unique seals and flags

Michigan's state flag is bog standard, but I like it
s.

My favorite part of the Michigan flag is the correct use of a Latin irregular verb. "We shall defend"

Which is, to say "gently caress off Canada, just try to invade, we dare you."

• Locked thread