Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:

Leon Black posted:

Obviously very biased (as it's my surname), the MacMillan family crest + motto:

There are a few translations of the motto, but the one I prefer is "I learn to succour the distressed."

"Misery is Sucky Disco"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

Houston, Texas:

I didn't know about the coats of arms for Catholic diocese in the US, but that's pretty neat. Houston's is actually kind of close.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

Professor Shark posted:

It turns out I was thinking of the Bellenville Armorial and after flipping through about half of it I cannot tell if knights just didn't care about tincture/ metal rules or if the heralds were just being lazy/ never got around to finishing:

Aye, thou heardst me correctly - I made a simple request of a man's outstretched arm, holding a sapphire ring 'twixt his thumb and forefinger, with a jockstrap hanging from his elbow. And couldst thou place it upon a plain red background or something? I carest not.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

drat D&D LARPing time travelers!

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

Peanut President posted:

This looks like some strange "what if the confederacy won the war then formed starfleet" kind of thing.

They'll have to take on the Canadian U.N. Spacy from Macross.

• Locked thread