Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!

It's my favorite cause it's the worst thing I've ever seen. It's also my own country's shield or whatever it's called.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

frytechnician posted:

Side note: The best national anthem goes to Uruguay. It's like something from Mary Poppins!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azx7dcS0lFA

I always found our anthem hilarious because it's really violent and talks about battles and glorious victory but if we actually fought someone we would get our poo poo pushed in.

Here's a bit of it (we call ourselves Orientals):

Orientals, our nation or the grave,
Liberty or with glory we die.
Its the vows that our souls pronounce
and which heroically we will fulfill.

Liberty, Liberty, Orientals.
This is the outcry which our nation saved
and its braves in fierce battles
of sublime enthusiasm filled.
This Holy gift of Glory we deserved
Tyrants: Tremble!
Tyrants: Tremble!
Tyrants: Tremble! Ah!
Liberty in combat we will Cry Out!
and even dying, Freedom we shall also Shout!

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

:colbert:

Uruguay has three official flags, the one above is called Artigas' flag. It was created by the guy we didn't listen to and sent to die alone in Paraguay.

The second is the Flag of the 33 Orientals

And the third is just America's flag during day

• Locked thread