Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Jon Leibowitz posted:

Manitoba & Ontario

:effort:

Most of the Union Jack-derived flags are pretty terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Tsaedje posted:

Best Union Flag derivative is Niue's:

Let's just slap some stars all over it

That's what they all seem to have done. Tuvalu:

I think the Union Jack itself is actually a cool flag, but putting it in a corner somewhere is just lazy design.

Vexillology

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I've noticed that people who don't speak Dutch are really bad at coming up with Dutch names that aren't (pseudo-)German.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Well I guess that makes sense, the eastern part of the Netherlands is basically pseudo-Germany anyway.

I really dislike the garish orange that the Dutch fly on national holidays, it's a hideous color, but the toned-down orange on the old flag looks alright. They should just reintroduce it already, instead of having red-white-blue flag #159.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

My family is a branch of the Angry Hands house

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

What's the source for these? The first two vaguely look like the text is in Dutch.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

He wants you to know he's Andrew Stewart Jamieson.

Andrew Stewart Jamieson.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Appropriate poem since Glasgow is apparently a very unhealthy city. Like Stephen King's Derry if it was real and in Scotland.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

blunt for century posted:

I really really like the Maryland state flag

This flag looks like two reasonably good flags that have nothing to do with each other got mashed together.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

ninjahedgehog posted:

*not gonna post it in this thread for the same reason I wouldn't post a swastika. This link just goes to a picture of the flag in question, if for some reason you've lived under a rock for the last 150 years.

EDIT: Like, I can't emphasize enough how terrible the Confederacy was and why this flag is a symbol of misguided nationalism at the very best. It just happens to be a really, really solid design.

It's okay dude, we get it, no one is going to tar and feather you for wrongthink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

James Bond is from Ulster?

That particular red hand appears to be suffering from some sort of tissue or bone disorder. Perhaps Celtic hand for maximum irony.

• Locked thread