Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alligator Pie
Apr 26, 2008

Give away the green grass, Give away the sky
I'm not sure if I said this last Christmas, but I get a kick out of Teru's Spike Spiegel suit.

If we ever do a Hikami run, his suit is hilarious for special reasons. :laugh:

Based on the disco scene, does Waka-sensei actually like us more than Teru does right now?

BlitzBlast posted:

Komori's hair looks like it's trying to eat him.

About that... (minor, insignificant spoiler for a boring character)
After you've gotten him out of his shell, he gets a haircut. Then he looks like his forehead is trying to eat him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.

Cheese Pain posted:

Based on the disco scene, does Waka-sensei actually like us more than Teru does right now?

Yeah, he actually shows up for the "you had a perfect week" scene right now. It's a phase, it'll pass.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

FractalSandwich posted:

why did you have to bring that up

Perspective, so we know how good we have it now.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Super short notice, but starting in about an hour I'll be doing my last Tokimemo stream of the year up until I have to head out for Christmas Eve with my family at about 4 PM Pacific time. I've been really bad about streaming and updating this year, and I've made a lot of unfulfilled promises about the update schedule etc this year, so I want to make sure that I close the year by staying in practice.

edit: Stream's done. Merry Christmas, everyone! Himeko hopes that your presents are good enough to avoid anyone dropping a bomb on you.

vibratingsheep fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Dec 24, 2015

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Siren's having a pretty fun time of things, it looks like. Unless there are Teru-focused events that we're permanently missing.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

It would seem Teru has excellent taste in anime, as he's rocking the Spike Spiegel look.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Happy New Year. Sheep and I made a dumb thing. Enjoy.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Good news: the analytics are in. I'm proud to announce that the average viewer made it a full 29 seconds into that video. I think I speak for both of us when I say we're flattered. We never imagined it would be this well received.

The one person watching from Seychelles is an extreme outlier, which is to say they made it 2 minutes and 41 seconds in - apart from that, apparently people in Norway, Denmark and Sweden have the highest tolerance for it on average. Checks out.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

disappointing that it's just a black screen, and not a live action recreation of the opening.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
i'm offended you didn't ask the thread to join in and do lovely anime karaoke because I would've been so down

e; i eagerly await the sequel with futari no toki

SuccinctAndPunchy fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Jan 12, 2016

Muraena
Feb 18, 2013

Justice. Honor. Anime~

FractalSandwich posted:

The one person watching from Seychelles is an extreme outlier, which is to say they made it 2 minutes and 41 seconds in -

*waves*

Alligator Pie
Apr 26, 2008

That was a lot of fun. I agree, karaoke in the thread sounds awesome! We need a sequel. :allears:

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
We'll see. I'm not opposed to the idea, but there's only one other Tokimeki Memorial song I know very well, so unless you want to sing Sunflower with me, I'd have to find something else I like first.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

FractalSandwich posted:

We'll see. I'm not opposed to the idea, but there's only one other Tokimeki Memorial song I know very well, so unless you want to sing Sunflower with me, I'd have to find something else I like first.

That one might be fun.

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker

chiasaur11 posted:

I'm pretty sure it's been internationally recognized since the 70s that "Men in black" are bass-baritone voiced country singers.

TheFlyingLlama posted:

disappointing that it's just a black screen, and not a live action recreation of the opening.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Thanks for your guys' patience. I'm trying to get another post done tomorrow, but it's been super busy between an office move at work and convention stuff... tomorrow! I promise!

Also, if anyone wants to do a live recreation of the opening, I am going to be back in Japan in February/March and can probably swing some costume uniforms.

edit: Full disclosure, this is only half of the reason I haven't been updating the thread. The other reason is Granblue Fantasy. drat you, mobile games.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Don't tempt me.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

FractalSandwich posted:

Don't tempt me.

Are you a bad enough dude

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I'll do it if you come down to Melbourne so we can shoot it in person. It'll be hard to find somewhere with enough cherry trees around here, but I'll manage.

Alligator Pie
Apr 26, 2008

YES. I knew what video it was before I clicked! This is a classic. :haw:

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
i finally did it, serika. i got you out. you can live in a good game now

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

FractalSandwich posted:

i finally did it, serika. i got you out. you can live in a good game now

Haha, of course she's a psi trooper.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
You should share her file. I'm pretty sure you can do that, anyway.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Here you go. It goes in My Documents/My Games/XCOM2/XComGame/CharacterPool/Importable - then I'm pretty sure you have to go into the character pool from the main menu and manually import it.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

I have not updated this thread in two months.

I am sorry.

I hope to bring you some video that will help make up for the absence.

Here's a preview:

https://twitter.com/vibratingsheep/status/702770675014971392

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
!!!

You've sworn an oath you can't rescind. If you fail to sufficiently oshieru your heart, there will be a reckoning.

Kyetxian
Feb 27, 2016
I stepped away from SA for a while, and come back to find this LP - Blitzing through this has been a great read and I hope poor Sheep isn't burning out too hard on all the failed dates and punishing RNG. As thanks, I'll just leave these here (if I actually embedded them properly, anyway)

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Has your heart been oshieta, then? We're all waiting on tenterhooks here.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

vibratingsheep posted:

I have not updated this thread in two months.

I am sorry.

I hope to bring you some video that will help make up for the absence.

Here's a preview:

https://twitter.com/vibratingsheep/status/702770675014971392

This is taking quite a long time.
Please don't let this go the way of the legendary Sakura Wars thread :ohdear:

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

There's really only one appropriate response to Sheep not being around.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

We have gotten through 4 good LPs through this thread, it'll have been a great ride regardless of whether or not this is the end.

That doesn't mean I'm not hoping for Sheep to come back. :ohdear:

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

I mean, we could appreciate all the great LPs he's given us, or we could call everyone he knows and tell them that he's terrible until he agrees to spend time with us, and the second one feels like it gets results.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.
Sheep come back, I need to know how to date animes.

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010

Jenner posted:

Sheep come back, I need to know how to date animes.

It's too late. We ignored too many bombs and now vibratingsheep hates us. Bad end.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
He's been streaming Persona 5 lately

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Tarezax posted:

He's been streaming Persona 5 lately

Yeah, I've seen notifications, and sometimes I see him on Steam. I really love his translation streams, but I wanna save Persona 5 to be a surprise when it comes out in English. :ohdear: All I know right now is there's a cat, a blond dude, and a blond girl, and I like it that way.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Catalina posted:

Yeah, I've seen notifications, and sometimes I see him on Steam. I really love his translation streams, but I wanna save Persona 5 to be a surprise when it comes out in English. :ohdear: All I know right now is there's a cat, a blond dude, and a blond girl, and I like it that way.
I'm unironically mad about its gender politics, but spoiler: it's extremely good.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

FractalSandwich posted:

I'm unironically mad about its gender politics, but spoiler: it's extremely good.

So you're saying it's a Persona, then? :iamafag:

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
fair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

FractalSandwich posted:

• Locked thread