Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Goon's losing track of the plan! Somebody fax him the plan.

That said, I am no less :allears: for Yuina, so I have to vote B.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Oh snap, first crazy Science girl Yuina, now we might meet (potentially crazy) baseball girl Saki? Everything's coming up Goon! Sticking with B though, as my desire to see more of science girl remains slightly less than my desire to see how the sequels change/improve this already really cool game.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

vibratingsheep posted:

It's because of Megumi, again. The birthday event comes from whichever girl has the highest affection, and this is an example of why we have to beat Megumi away with a stick, while somehow managing to avoid turning her into a bomb.

Man, that is annoying. Depriving Goon of a Shiori Birthday Event. :( What a shame. Is this a one-time thing, so we can get it next year, or can you get it each year for maximum points?

Also, darn save shenanigans and Christmas gift lightning rounds. While I look forward more to meeting Saki, Nozomi had her own insane eccentric appeal.

EDIT: Also, having never played a Dating Sim before, I dislike how quickly I've become invested in all of this. There's a dark side in me... Good thing these things rarely/never come stateside.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

A three legged race might help our affection levels... But it's gotta be the balls.

Also, even if it was in an alternate universe, Goon didn't give up! He's a true man.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Despite liking places like Kyoto and Nara, it's bear fights or nothing on the path to perfection! Let's go to 北海道!

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Is there an F vote for Saki? :shobon:

As much as I'd like to see Science!, I vote C! B will be satisfactory too, but I've been captivated by this LP and can't wait to see what changes and improvements were made for 2!

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

B. Make this Goon's Bizarre Adventure, dammit.

Also K

nthing B for this. The more names you can think up that can have the nickname Goon, the better this megathread will be.

I and K. Because of this lady here I have a weakness for sporty-types in these games. Nozomi was eccentric enough when we met here, even though she got Bite the Dusted, and I can only imagine a Baseball lady will be even more insane.

Ayako is good too, I like Engrish, but I'll reserve my votes for the sportsers.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

vibratingsheep posted:

I shouldn't let this one go without a post. A lot of the character names are obvious puns or character indicators, so here's a sampling from 1 and 2.

赤井ほむら/Akai Homura: Her name means "Red Flame", as befits a hot-blooded fan of superheroes
I'm sorry, what? Now I feel ashamed for not voting earlier, she's the obvious choice!

I'll go with B to join the Frog Train instead.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

A! If I can't have hot blooded, I will have insane.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I voted for frogs, originally, but now I must side with B-ho. I love the death glares and her sass. I will miss the frogs and fairies, however.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Don't feel bad for Hikari, she would feel the same about is in any playthrough. The only ones you should feel sorry for are us poor fools here who through some force of malice or purest ignorance did not vote for Homura. I really like B-Ho but Homura just quoted Stronger and that's amazing.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I am firmly in the Akai Homura camp forever because she is amazing, but if not her then I am entirely fine with a baseball run since we didn't see that much of either sporty girl in Tokimemo 1.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

vibratingsheep posted:

My plan for this week is to go through the omake content - a comment from Tachibana Hikari (Miho/Maho's voice actress), mini-games, and the photo album.

Then, I'll go through each single character's club introduction, including what Mei does to the poor, unsuspecting computer club in year 2. Not sure what I can do for Akane, since she's not in a club. Maybe I'll get in some fights. After everyone has been introduced, then I'll actually do the character poll.

Akane seems like she is also acceptable. :colbert:

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I was scared that I was going to miss the voting! Man, every single one of these girls are interesting, and it's almost hard to choose with Mei and Akane being as awesome as they are.

I have to stand by the Rider, though. Homura!

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

French Accent posted:

Akane would certainly be a better sidekick than Homura

Not to discount an Akane vote, she's a good second place, but Homura's nobody's sidekick. We're her Tackle sidekick.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Karia posted:

Akane. Homura and Mei have been covered (albeit not as well) in the other LP. I'd rather see new stuff.

Can we stop posting this as an excuse? No offense intended, but it's new to some, if not most of us. :( Sheep's mix of translation, localization, and factoids about Japan is the best, and I'd hate for the thread to miss out on or be delayed in seeing two potentially awesome routes just because there's an inferior run through of them somewhere else on the internet. Tangent over!

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Nondevor posted:

Can't we just have everyone else like us more? Which I'm guessing isn't too hard if you never meet Homura past her intro and hang out with the rest of the characters.

Although an accidental forever alone ending for the second time would be kinda funny.

I was originally going to vote for A because I didn't want Goon to have to be mean to Homura, but I can live with this. B: Homura for the sake of team awesome!

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Getsuya posted:

Finally got my PSP hooked up to the Playstation Network, and I realized I had about 1700 yen left over from last time I bought something with a PSN card. Grabbed TokiMemo 2 among other things, looks like I'll be playing along from now on.
drat, someone how I got this far in the thread without it fully clicking that this is playable on PSP. I just found mine not too long ago, so, provided I can find the dang charger, I may have to restrain my (3DS-based) Monster Hunter obsession and make some time for TokiMeki 2. I've kind of fallen in love with the idea of the game and its cast through this thread, and hell, it'd be good Japanese practice if nothing else. I'm always happy whenever Sheep posts a screenshot and I can understand the entire text box. It doesn't happen often, but it feels like progress!

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Well that's one hell of an ominous ending! Can't wait to see how this route is resolved. I was disappointed by Homura's loss, but Akane has been really entertaining and a cool character to watch.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Poil posted:

A, we need more Homura.

I'm not really keen on seeing what a bad dating sim is like. At best it's just bad and boring.

drat right A! A true hero never stops believing, even when the odds are against them. :colbert:

EDIT: I also crave Tokusatsu-based funfacts.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

ChorpSaway posted:

Let's Play Tokimeki Memorial 3! - Proof that 2D Girls Are Better

This one, forever.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Masaki is an rear end in a top hat. Oh my god, how did they think he would make a good friend character? I imagine all his lines being said by Jean from the TFS Attack on Titan Abridged. Or whoever he was supposed to be imitating.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Galick posted:

You know something. I can see the glimmers of what this could've been in a few spots. And it's honestly pretty drat good. Makes it all the more depressing that this poo poo is what we're stuck with.

I have to agree with this. The game has so, so many flaws, but Serika as a character is really endearing and Emi's not bad either.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

DoubleDonut posted:

Look man we can't go to TM4 until we've dated Kamen Rider.

Absolutely this, though it seems like Girl's Side will win it. We'll have our day!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

vibratingsheep posted:

Next time: The end... but whose end?

I think this is the first time I've regretted my rudimentary Japanese. Can't wait to see how this plays out.

• Locked thread