Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

how would that even work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Sindai posted:

Let's Play Tokimeki Memorial 3! - The Original Crowdfunding Disappointment

this describes it perfectly.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

It really is, especially considering Suikoden is one of my all-time favorite RPGs so finding out how it was funded was neat (and discovering how it didn't work later on)

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Opposing Farce posted:

Correct me if I'm misremembering, but part of the sordid tale of Tokimeki 3 is that the proto-Kickstarter model they used to fund it hosed them over by creating certain expectations and obligations that meant they couldn't just take another year or two to make the game better.

Yeah pretty much - lot of games get released in buggy or bad states simply because they can't afford the development time to fix it. Like Broken Age is a recent example of the crowdsource model expectations and it drastically affected the game, they went overbudget but are still obligated to release it so they broke the game into two parts with the idea that sales will help them finish the second half.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

What is wrong with Red's arms?!

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

looks less like 'less effort' and more 'Not done putting the final details in but we ran out of time so just stick it in'

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

I'd definitely like to see what Sheep gets by just doing what he wants.

So what's the differences between the PS2 and the DS remake of this game?

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

I remember Koyasu primarily from Keroro and Tales of Abyss, so this is interesting.

But now I wonder if Ryotaro Okiayu is in this game, as he and Midorikawa tend to be in almost everything together.

Robindaybird fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Aug 27, 2014

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Holy poo poo. I tried playing this, and you guys weren't kidding about the Chocolate minigame. It's stupidly finicky

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

I really do like that Girls Side actually makes the female characters your friends instead of 'just there' or 'jesus gently caress, you guys are assholes!'

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Yeah, the guy I prefer is one you hadn't met yet.

The DS fanpatch translated the third day's test as "Elective Class".

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

I hate that mini game, and it's even harder trying to do it on an emulator.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

kind of sad we hadn't met my favorite guy yet, but he requires a decent style stat.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

I found most of the F/SN side funny, while the Tsukihime can be borderline creepy at times, but I didn't realize that bit was a Tokimemo reference.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Raitzeno posted:

I don't know if it's chronologically the first reference, and I rather doubt it, but it's something of a common phrase among hot-blooded anime fishermen (including temporary ones). There's a lot of them, surprisingly.

Dylas from Rune Factory 4 says something along those lines, so yes not that rare.

On the topic of Pushy Salesmen: In the US - most sales people won't touch you as that's technically assault in some jurisdictions, but they will get in your face, block your way and keep talking in a way that's hard to find a good opening to say 'Sorry, gotta go'. I had one guy selling some kind of dead sea salt stuff borderline sexually harassing me in some misguided idea that if he kept flirting hard enough that I would drop money I don't have on the product.

It's worse in other countries.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Say what you will about Shiki, but it says something a high school guy got balls to be dress up all up as a lady and giving zero fucks about what anyone else thinks.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Lobsterman posted:

But didn't we already establish she didn't know poo poo about baseball? How can she have team loyalty? :psyduck:

maybe her family's are fans, and she's obligated. It's kind of how it is for me, I don't particularly care for sports, but I feel obligated to boo the Yankees because most of my family are supporters of lower-ranked, less moneyed teams

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Yeah, I remember my HS japanese teacher (a japanese woman who majored in english and moved to the states with her american husband) pretty much outright stating that the Alma Mater mattered far more then what your major is when it came to the job market.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

It's something that drives me nuts. Look at Touhou's fan translations, the early games especially were bad for literally translating puns - that naturally make absolutely no sense in english, which makes the characters sound like blathering morons.

There's natural anger for completely changing the meaning of a scene, or trying to make something 'family friendly' like 4kids. But humor and idioms almost never translate well and should be substituted to get the same meaning without confusing people.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Not middle school, but the aborted D&D/Gaming club at high school's co-founder was a guy who believed magic was real and he could curse people and that werewolves were real. There were the odd Wiccans in middle school though they tend to drop the overt witchiness once they realized magic didn't work like it did in The Craft

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Yeah, I admit I was confused as to how Siren's acting like Model Student was going to school in body armor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Is there any secret route characters in Tokimemo that's actually worth the hoops you jump through?

• Locked thread