Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Man, TokiMemo. The number three reason I'm trying to learn Japanese. (If you care, 1 and 2 are Super Robot Wards and Sakura Taisen).

So yeah, definitely going to be following this. Voting A for glasses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

nielsm posted:

We have the power to change the past. Do what is more fun right now (B) and then go back and fix it later.

I like this idea.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Comedy vote for A.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Queen Fiona posted:

...I have to admit, Shiori is now growing on me. :blush:

...I'm still not changing my vote, though. And it's really just a total coincidence that my room looks like this. Honest.

On one hand, dedication to one's hobbies is perfectly fine. On the other hand, referring to a fictional character as -sama and spending 80+% of your income on her merchandise is kinda hilarious.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

drat it Goon, why cant you just say to Megumi "Hi. I'm not interested. Sorry. Bye." and just be done with it? Bombers are not good people.

Because he's a Japanese dating-sim/visual novel protagonist. He cannot say no to women until he finds his TRUE LOVE.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4_cWd_waKg

Can't argue with that logic. Okinawa.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

vibratingsheep posted:

I don't know what you're talking about.

Also, would it be a good idea for me to use headshots for dialogue, like I see in a bunch of other SS LPs? I could probably get that going relatively easily, just worried about how each of these pages has like 80 screenshots already...

I don't see any reason not to. I guess it might be a loading time issue, but I don't have that problem unless there's like ten updates on one page.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

All I really care about is B.

But sure, SCIENCE and all that.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

sincx posted:

I don't think yanderes existed in 1995...

Maybe not the term, but Fatal Attraction came out in 87.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

B.

And then Mio.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

vibratingsheep posted:

Hahaha, is making chocolate some kind of awful mini-game in the GS games? And I'm halfway willing to play the Girl's Side games, but largely unwilling to buy them for the purposes of LPing.

Thanks for reading!

Yes. Yes it is.

Especially if you emulate them, since it doesn't show up properly in...Gs3, I think.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I vote C.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

A for frog chick and I already know why Miho is on the poll twice!

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Catalina posted:

Oh no, picking which girl to date is Tokimeki Memorial 2 is always so hard. :ohdear:

I'll pick A, mostly because of Miho. She's cute, and I want to see reactions to That Thing that makes her appear twice. Plus, she comes with a frog doll, and this is the Something Awful Forums :getin::

(My younger sister also attempted to hijack my account to change my vote to B, because of Miyuki.)

Oh god is that frog in a tiny conductor's outfit. YES.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Having just played Tokimemo 2 Puzzledama and discovering her response to nearly winning a match, my decision to vote frogchick has only been deepened.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

vibratingsheep posted:

Alright, vote closed, it's time to start working on the Miho run!

:getin:

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Frogchick!

ElTipejoLoco posted:

B., because I'm guessing we met both Mihos as children. I'd rather go with the one who was praying for a prince at the shrine than the one that made us keep a promise with a plush frog.

I'm fairly certain that Miho A is the same Miho that did the 'God, give me a prince!' thing, given how she's in drama, likes fortune telling, and is described as a 'dreamer'.

Though, I could be wrong.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

FredMSloniker posted:

So earlier you were saying Miho could be literally impossible under certain circumstances. Are those circumstances, then, that the game simply divides dates between Miho A and Miho B so evenly that you can't get sufficient stats with either?

In order to get Miho B's ending, Miho A has to like you too. If Takumi goes after Miho A and you're trying to go after Miho B, it becomes impossible.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

Disappointing.

Wait, does that work the same if you flip the Miho's? Does Miho A's ending require Miho B to like you? If not, is it at all possible to have Goon get with Miho A and Takumi get with Miho B? Because if so that's the outcome I'm rooting for.

Neither Takumi nor Jun go after the secret characters. Not sure about Miho A's ending requirements, though.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Patware posted:

I never thought I'd see the day we would turn our backs on a frog. Unthinkable.

I, too, am immensely disappointed. I hope that one of our other runs with with Frog.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

FredMSloniker posted:

Sorry, I have no idea what you mean by this. Google suggested a fictional manga writer?

Rei and Mei.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

vibratingsheep posted:

I have actually thought about doing this. However, there are 13 characters total, so I don't know how long such an undertaking would last - I could probably do it intermittently and go back every once in a while, but part of the appeal of Tokimemo is all the fun side stuff.

I do know I'll be doing at least one more run (probably Yuina-style cruise control), and I was planning on having a spare run handy for whenever Tokimemo 3 pisses me off...

I'm totally down with reading every route in Tokimemo 2, but given how much text Miho has already, I'd imagine it would take a lot of doing, even with ignoring all the repeat stuff. I definitely don't want to burn you out. Just do whatever you feel up to doing.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I will vote for frogchick until the end of time.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Haifisch posted:

Do I want to know what a skinship is? It sounds...unpleasant. :gonk:

It's mostly just physical closeness, but when people refer to 'skinship' in anything vaguely Japanese related, they mean stuff like 'one girl groping another in a bath to check out their breast size' or something like that.

Because apparently women do that in Japan.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Dragongem posted:

Clearly we need to date EVERY girl in this game.

I second this motion.

Okay, maybe we can skip Miyuki. While I admire her 'things will get better eventually!' outlook that she seems to have, that voice is grating as all hell.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Abhorrence posted:

Honestly, I think the best way to do Tokimemo 2 through the franchise is to pepper runs in between other games. Especially if Tokimemo 3 is the awful experience that everyone says it is.

This makes sense. Finish B-ho, play Dancing Summer Vacation, play another route, do Leaping, another route, puzzledama, another route, etc.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Kimitsu posted:

No one seems to really care, but did we ever actually learn B-ho's real name? (I edited the quote just in case.)

At the same time we learn that they're not both just Miho pretending to be someone else.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

The_Frag_Man posted:

So is Mei's butler a girl too?

It's actually just Rei in disguise. Gotta protect your little sister that you can't remember having before you suddenly did, after all.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Dammit, Homura, stop making me guilty I didn't vote for you. Do you know how hard it is to choose between frog and Stronger?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

BlitzBlast posted:

I expect Hikari to be continually passed over until we've seen every possible unique event with her except the ending. :unsmigghh:

I think we've discovered the most compelling argument as to why sheep should do all of Tokimemo 2: Making him feel sorry for Hikari.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

That was...anticlimatic.

"Hey, we're twins!"

I was expecting, I dunno, both of them trying to go out on a date with him at the same time and the entire date is just them dragging the other one away and Goon's just standing there being stupid.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Getsuya posted:

Wait wait did we already decide we're doing another route of 2 before doing 3? I'm tired of seeing good games, can we see a bad one now? The LP is so much better when the LPer is crying.

Well, we did see two routes of 1 before we even started 2.

And we might just see all of 2, if sheep has enough free time or hates himself enough.

Hey, maybe for the vote, you can vote for Miyuki! Her voice seems to cause him pain.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Getsuya posted:

Since I guess we're using this between time to talk about recommendations I'd like to kind of bring up something I was looking for again. TokiMemo has got me really interested in just (mostly) ordinary high school life dramas and I've been trying to find a good visual novel series in the genre. I've read stuff like Little Busters and Clannad, but those are less high school life and more supernatural dramas in the end. The games that get the most good reviews I see are things like To Heart 2, the Memories Off series and the Da Capo series... but I tried To Heart 2 and I think I only made it through a day or two without getting really bored with reading that particular main character's thoughts.

Sheep gave me some good suggestions for other games with sim elements (Bistro Cupid), but what about just normal visual novels? I want stuff that is seriously low-concept. If there's magical/sci-fi BS I want it like TokiMemo where it doesn't actually directly tie in with the main plot. I'm not really expecting the same level of zany hilarity as TokiMemo, but I'd just like some games that can manage to keep me awake in the way To Heart 2 didn't.

Since basically 99.9% of PC visual novels are adult, I'd prefer games with console ports or made especially for consoles please. Thanks.

Console VNs are really not that common, especially slice of life console ones. Have you tried Brass Restoration? It has no sexual content, has an English patch, and is available absolutely free.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Well, if we can't have frog, we can have Kabuto. Or Stronger. Stronger is also a kabuto, I think.

Homura.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

B, so the second and third best characters can be awesome together.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

vibratingsheep posted:

Out of curiosity, who do you consider to be the best character? Bakuretsuzan? Mei?

Bakuretsuzan, yeah. That s one hell of a name, honestly.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I don't think you wrote down which option you chose for the tower date.

Also, of course Akane's outfit is an anime chinese dress. Of course it is.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

The_Frag_Man posted:

What's the significance?

She works in a restaurant. Apparently, all waitresses in anime are either Chinese or maids.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Wait, I thought Part Time Banchou was Akane. :psyduck:

Did I miss something? Or am I just stupid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

:aaaaa: Holy poo poo.

Well then, I completely forgot about her.

I was honestly going entirely by hair color. Brown is way less common in this game than it is in real life.

• Locked thread