Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Utter perfection. If you're going to play the entire series, best to get Shiori out of the way now so we don't have to bother with the Not Shioris in the sequels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Is it too late to request a reset tally?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Er, actually I meant a count on how many times you had to reset your game on the endless journey to get Shiori to notice you.

Or did you mean that too?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

And I here I thought getting 100% Social Link completion in Persona 3 was bad. :allears:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

B, because no plan should survive first contact with the enemy.

Also because "I'll have to stop doing this because otherwise I'll run into a girl" seems like it'd get boring fast.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Sacrifices have to be made in the search for perfection. :colbert:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

B.

A isn't showing some spine, it's taking the easy way out. We're going to make Goon some friends whether he likes it or not.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Sindai posted:

These B votes are really confusing.

I could say the same for the C votes. It's like you guys want to make things easier for Goon.

Remember, the more friends he makes, the more time management sheep has to do. Picking C just means we'll be focusing on raising stats for Shiori.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

So you're just going to have to keep reloading until you get the right present? I'm curious as to if that's actually necessary for the Shiori route or if it's just a thing you're doing because perfection.

If it's the former, then wow that is really bullshit.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I'm so happy I suggested a reload count. :allears:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

vibratingsheep posted:

I'm a native English speaker, and grew up speaking Vietnamese at home. My written Vietnamese is awful, and I never graduated from babytalk.

At least you didn't completely forget an entire language after entering elementary school. :downs:

I'm also enjoying the culture notes. Most of my knowledge regarding Japanese culture is of the utterly hosed up bits, so it's nice to see the more mundane parts too.

quote:

Then, when that agency's output hits native speakers and comes back with bad reviews, cognitive dissonance kicks in and they think "We spent so much money on this translation, our foreign branch has to be wrong, not this agency we hired". It's an uphill fight from there.

Ah yes, the "we didn't suck, you guys did" excuse. The bane of all foreign audiences.

How many resets do you estimate you'll have at the end? At the rate you're going now I'd assume you'll end with around 50, but it sounds like things are going to heat up soon.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I can only wonder how that relationship would work out. Do Rei and Goon just awkwardly skip over Rei going out of her way to be a jerk whenever they talk about how they met?

Also I'm kind of surprised the game doesn't have Shiori even mention Goon's birthday considering you get a bonus for it being on the same day.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

WickedHate posted:

Kind of a prick, too. Very Gary Oakish.

In the time it took for Goon to get three badges, Rei got a truckload.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Gotta polish those balls.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

If the next episode preview says we're fighting a bear, who are we to disagree? Hokkaido.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Well.

That was weird.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Shiori suddenly turning the tables and stalking Goon everywhere is a lot funnier than it has any right to be.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

He's not doing it because he needs to, he's doing it for Utter Perfection. Which is exactly why we all wanted him to shoot for that in the first place. :allears:

Also is Goon this angry at Rei even if you're shooting for her? It seems like it'd be really awkward.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

This party only stops when someone goes to hell.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I can only imagine how that fight must have looked like from Shiori's point of view.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Congratulations on making it through that run. I thought that Christmas party would have broken you, but no you managed to persevere.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Yeah so Yuina is crazy.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

So what was stopping her from just taking over the world with Goon?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

If his name is going to Be Goon, there is only one option.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

A seems good. Goon spent his entire childhood playing all of the jRPGs, and has taken many life lessons from it. :v:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I still think it's completely crazy that Rei and Goon could have possibly gotten into a relationship after years of Rei randomly coming in to poo poo on Goon. I can only imagine how that worked out. :v:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

How did the game get "Ringun" out of "guun"? :psyduck:

Also I guess it's fitting that you picked the universal donor as the bloodtype for our sensitive Goon.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I'm already glad we're not going for Hikari. That was ridiculously stereotypical.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

D, the others seem kind of boring and I guess you deserve a break after Shiori.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Hey man, you already got to snooze through the Yuina route. :colbert:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I'm hopeful that being the clingy childhood friend means that Hikari will become Megumi mkII.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Mei seizes victory, looks like she's the heroine now. :v:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Coming in to someone try to make a girl cry via Tetris Attack induced trauma to the tune of Battle For Everyone's Souls is probably the strangest thing I've seen all week, incidentally.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Man, this game's Sports Festival is a lot more hilarious than the last one. Are any of the other two also references to Konami games?

quote:

she follows normal affection rules until year 2, when she admits a few things to herself, musters up her courage, and makes a run at Goon.

We're going to have to friend zone her, aren't we.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Man if we're not going to go with Hikari, we're gonna have to go all the way. We're going to be that one anime stereotype who is completely oblivious to the concept of love and just ends up looking like a massive dick.

Only then shall we truly become Goon. :colbert:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

B because why not.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

The fourth game is the only one I knew about prior to this thread, and that's because its secret character is hilarious. We had better do that one. :colbert:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

You know I thought you were joking when you said how much this route frustrated people, but drat. That's incredible, what the hell.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

quote:

Option 1: It seems like a very real chemical reaction to me.

TM2 Goon's a real charmer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

None of these music suggestions accurately convey the frustration involved.

Black Onslaught should do it.

• Locked thread