Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Piano Maniac
Oct 10, 2011
Y'all gotta be outta your minds if we don't go for the super perfect doki-doki excitement childhood friend route!

Man, this thread made me wanna play Tokimeki Memorial 4 on the PSP again, it was such a good game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piano Maniac
Oct 10, 2011
I'm really glad we're... well not we, that vibratingsheep is doing TokiMemo 3.
I've only played the 4th installment on the PSP and it was pretty phenomenal even though I was dabbling around with it because of my crappy Japanese skills. Even then I loved every single second I played it: the artwork was really pretty, I loved how they used the sound to their advantage when playing with headphones, and most of all - the easter eggs to Konami franchises were quite... imaginative.

I can't wait to see what really went wrong with the 3rd game. Godspeed!

Piano Maniac
Oct 10, 2011
Is it just me or the characters look kinda round and chubby? Well, whatever, the first impression is that the game feels kinda... uninspired... Like the writers got together and simply wrote "Oh, legendary something happily ever after, some girl from grade school, dorky friends etc." on a piece of napkin, y'know.

Piano Maniac
Oct 10, 2011
:holymoley: How uninspired can this game get?

You ride the ferris wheel and get a "I feel like I'm a giant" déjà-vu line from a Rei-clone and instead of throwing a witty quip about stompin' some fools, you get to say a Yeah/Eh/Meh line and that's a wrap. Christmas party as well was so awkward:

Worse than actual high school posted:

Yukiko: But wow, can you believe how big this party is?
Yukiko: It's amazing.
Goon: Yeah, they spared no expense.
Yukiko: I should go back to my friends.

And of course this will only happen if you manage to dress to impress and she doesn't run the heck away from you :v:

I think this is the only dating sim where dating is actually harder than in real life....

Piano Maniac
Oct 10, 2011
Gosh darn it what a train-wreck!

How come they screwed it up so bad with TM3? I get it, the game got cut funding and rushed, but if they had just followed TM2´s lead and not rock the boat so much with amazing "features" like dressing up to fail, rear end in a top hat friends and crazy old ladies, it could´ve been a game actually fun to play with.

But no, here we are seeing Emi´s club disbanding and that old lady (probably) die. But in the end, for whom the bell tolls? It tolls for thee...

• Locked thread