Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Alpha3KV posted:

I like to imagine that Goon is actually time traveling during the reloads, and he pushed Emi down the stairs himself as a drastic measure to spend time with Serika during the trip. (He probably wore a disguise consisting of nothing but a balaclava, bikini briefs, and the Secret Boots :v:)

He learned from the best.

Pretty soon, he'll be answering every question with the last words repeated back.

"Diamond ring?"

"Friendly deer?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Triggerhappypilot posted:

Well, the title of the fairy tale was in German, but the text was Latin and had nothing to do with the story being narrated (It was some Bible passage or Christian miscellany). This is the worst children's book ever. Might as well have put the instruction manual for a Hellfire missile or the lyrics to "Danger Zone" on there, for all people would care.

Ramones Danger Zone, or Kenny Loggins?

I'd imagine they'd be different children's books.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

SSNeoman posted:

I actually figured it out during the end dialogue scroll. The military ration, the bowie knife and the other other military stuff hinted this was going to happen. It is still extraordinarily retarded, Serika has never been shown to care much for her country or have any real reason to join the army, but we'll see if the event we missed clears this up.

What made you think she was in this to defend Japan?

She just likes killing.

And, let's face it. If you had to be in this game, you'd agree.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

ChaosArgate posted:

...what. :stare:

I'm sorry what did I just read? :confused:

Something simultaneously heavily foreshadowed, and utterly insane.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

ChaosArgate posted:

WAIT WHERE WAS THE FORESHADOWING??? I was expecting odd military drills, not this!

Remember her constant "Oh, ghosts? They're no big deal" stuff?

And how haunted houses always felt so fake?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

You know, this explains why the game felt so phoned in.

I mean, Emi's fleshed out, she's Serika's best pal. And there's some minimal effort put into the relationship with Goon, as the (possibly one of the) love interest. But who gives a drat about the random background cast when there's demons to fight? Sure, they interact with each other, but they're not important in the grand scheme of things.

Goon always wears a suit, even to the beach, as a running gag, because it gives him personality and makes him memorable even though he's not part of the action until the end.

And Yukiko's the worst because the main character in these things always needs a jerk rival who doesn't know what's really at stake so they can angst about how their great power is useless at dealing with mundane personal problems.

I mean, they could have put more effort in, but I can understand focusing on the main narrative instead of the day to day trauma of the heroine's boyfriend and his school hijinks.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

alcharagia posted:

Run, Goonko, run! Run or you'll be well done! :gonk:

See, this is exactly why she carries a sword.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Opposing Farce posted:

Harsh, Mizuki. I thought we were supposed to be friends :mad:

Well, maybe she just doesn't want the elite to be embarrassed at their lack of B-ball skills.

She's just watching out for Goonko's prospects in the future!

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Glazius posted:

Wait, we could have Goro's noodly arms cheering us on at work whenever we wanted?

I don't know what to feel now.

I recommend fear.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Well, obviously none of it matters because Goonko never found out.

Chaos dunks on that scale don't leave enough infrastructure for any kind of international communication.

Goonko only survived due to being outside the country at the time, shooting from way out of town. It was the only way she could keep any challenge in the game after beating a whole team of Draculas.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

vibratingsheep posted:

I'll take a crack at it tonight when I'm done streaming - or if I need a break from Homura.

There is no break from Homura. Even death is no escape.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Robindaybird posted:

maybe her family's are fans, and she's obligated. It's kind of how it is for me, I don't particularly care for sports, but I feel obligated to boo the Yankees because most of my family are supporters of lower-ranked, less moneyed teams

We also saw Homura claim to dislike penguins, and look where that went.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I translated a thing six years ago, and since I felt the Japanese text was pretty dry, I tried to do some localization. One thing. It was pretty light localization, nowhere near Working Designs levels. I still sometimes get hate mail.

I don't think you understand how batshit people get about NO, YOU CHANGED THE IMPLICATIONS OF THE WORDS :byodame:

I've seen the complaints about Fire Emblem Awakening. I can guess.

Cripes, the whining over Henry alone...

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

vibratingsheep posted:

Meet the cast, part 2: The boys

With 43% of the vote, Haruhi wins the best friend poll! Time to look up Brooklyn accents so I have a better idea of how to localize Kansai dialect. :toot:

Persona Arena went with a New Jersey accent instead. I think I prefer that, all told. Just seems to fit better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

I'm pretty sure it's been internationally recognized since the 70s that "Men in black" are bass-baritone voiced country singers.

• Locked thread