Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

Let me fix your avisynth scripts! It'll only take me a couple horus.
Strive for perfection, settle for a D.

Is there any reason why the above screenshots came out at a 480x270 resolution instead of 480x360?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

vibratingsheep posted:

edit: Friendly Googling in Japanese says that this song is from Gradius. If anyone wants to post the performance on Youtube, I can send you my raw footage and the appropriate time stamps. I don't have the time to do it myself!
I'd like to take you up on this and give trimming, captioning (assuming the availability of time stamps imply that the song has lyrics or the like), and uploading the video a shot. What would your preferred method of contact be for this sort of thing?
Also, I'm a little sad that we're missing out on less informative and wacky shenanigans, such as finding out what girls can stand watching Street Fighter: The Movie or not being kept in the dark about Tatebayashi Miharu's nature as a purely RNG determined stalker character.
Not sad enough that I'd want that to be what the next poll's about, but still. Such missed opportunities.

FractalSandwich posted:

I don't know exactly what it is in Japanese, and I don't know anything about Dangan Ronpa, but to me "super-high-school-level x" just reads as an (intentionally?) silly way of saying, "a way better x than you'd expect to find in high school". At first blush, I'd assume that it's a fairly normal-sounding phrase in Japanese and whatever translation of Dangan Ronpa exists just went in a weird direction with it. Is that not the case?
Orenronen's LP of DR was littered with translation and cultural notes as well, 'localization' efforts picking up later on aside, and checking the archived version:

orenronen posted:

Pretty much everything related to Hope's Peak Academy gets the prefix "chou-" (超〜), which means "super-", "extra-", "ultra-", etc. I try to translate it consistently as "super-". Much like in English, it sounds ridiculous most of the time in the original language as well.
Edit: Emphasis.

ElTipejoLoco fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Dec 9, 2013

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

vibratingsheep posted:

When I play TokiMemo for this LP, I record myself playing and go straight through (for "constantly reloading" definitions of "straight through"). Then I go back and use the locally recorded video for screenshots and also for an accurate record of everything I did.

The Concert Band's performance counts as about 2 minutes of a 1:30:00 MP4, so if you want me to send it to you via Dropbox or something, I can tell you when it starts and when it ends so you can trim it and upload it properly.
Ah, I see. If I'm going to be trimming the raw footage I'm probably going to end up finding out where the concert is by searching for the specific frames and the like, but having the start and end time stamps does help speed that up.

I'm a little curious as to whether or not the concert performance would not be better served as a tindeck link and an animated gif, assuming there's not a lot of variety to the animation. Unless they did some sort of dynamic soundtrack thing where the music and animations reflect moments where the performance goes awry? No clue.

Anyway, my Skype username's the same as my SA one, you can send me the Dropbox link through there and I'll get to it. I forget if Dropbox uploads have limited bandwidth.

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

Voting for the Scavenger Hunt instead of non-sticky Katamari Damacy.

Also, curious: What would the other girls we've met thus far have done during the park's turn-based battle? Also, does the game treat the victory as if we had picked two positive options during a date with said girl?

Edit: Oh whoops. I misread that as the game only counting battle failure as nothing happening during a date. A shame!

ElTipejoLoco fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Dec 14, 2013

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

vibratingsheep posted:

As for what each character does in battle:
Huh. I guess that Miharu and Rei are missing from that list because they can't be brought into a battle event?
Or, more likely, because they're so RNG dependent or boring, respectively, that nobody's bothered documenting either?

ElTipejoLoco fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Dec 14, 2013

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

vibratingsheep posted:

(If anyone would like to improve on this, let me know and I can send you the footage - I still owe you guys an animated gif of the concert band, too)
I think you did pretty darn well, but yeah, I'm still up for handling turning the concert into a tindeck and a gif if you still feel like you're lacking in time.

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

Huh. I wonder if that little charumera ditty in the video you linked to for proof has a name, since I've heard something very similar used by some of the street vendors here in Mexico. I'm guessing it's a different (or longer) tune that plays in-game for the concert though, for it to have a finish that involves what kind of look like sitting versions of sentai poses.

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

B unless you run into a writer's block, at which point C'd be better.

Also, E'd be nice if we can progress far enough to learn why Ayako was skipping swimming lessons. Otherwise, D and J.

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

B., because I'm guessing we met both Mihos as children. I'd rather go with the one who was praying for a prince at the shrine than the one that made us keep a promise with a plush frog.
Though to be honest I'd rather have been able to pick another route, but it's too late for that.
Also, are you fine with some of your screenshots having tiny versions of yourself, vibro-sheep?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

Ah, bummer. I was hoping that either of the Shirayuki's events or confessions would eventually confirm whether or not they were the ones met during the childhood portion of the game.

But since Maho didn't mention anything aside from swapping during high school for fun, I guess she was at neither wishing at the shrine nor planting things at the river as a tyke?

• Locked thread