Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Just caught up with the thread.

The accent's poifect. Keep it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

If you think it's the best way to present the series, then I'm fine with doing Tokimemo 4 last, chronology or no.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

they're all endearing

this is hard

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

I'd go with Teru, honestly. The way he gets all huffy when his dad shuts down his plans is kind of adorable.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Robindaybird posted:

There were the odd Wiccans in middle school though they tend to drop the overt witchiness once they realized magic didn't work like it did in The Craft

Magic's all fun and games until you accidentally summon Andras.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

I'm finally coming to terms with the fact that noone will have an ending as amazing as Serika's. It wasn't easy.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Bifauxnen posted:

Is it trying to look like a Ramune bottle?

Well, now I want it.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Catalina posted:

*Please note that to my knowledge, no other route will ever be close to as amazing as Serika's.

I can dream, dammit.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

BlazeEmblem posted:

That's crazy.

Somebody actually liked her?

Don't bomb-shame.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

FractalSandwich posted:

Yeah, well, while you've been playing your creepy anime game for creepy anime creeps, I've been playing a game for well-adjusted grown-ups.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse.

Your move. :colbert:

Explosion! Chairman Ki~ck!

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Dungeon Man posted:

All this talk about Teru made me want to see his route, so I finally caved.

I'm not even done yet but the first birthday present he gives you is a capybara stuffed animal holy poo poo :kimchi: Teru confirmed for best boy

VOTING FOR TERU.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Catalina posted:

The text in the fan translation isn't really clear, but IIRC the reason he gives you that is because he thinks that your character looks like/is like a capybara. Weird, but you know, still cute! I'm pretty sure he mentions something to that effect on a Zoo date. So, you know, a love story between trolls.

Capybaras spend most of their lives in the water!

Ya know!

Like Mermaids!

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

This seems like a good game. I quite like it so far.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Welcome back!

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

senrath posted:

If that's what happens when you return, please never leave again.

Agreed. I'm still reeling.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Glazius posted:

Would that tutorial be better or worse if he pulled out a movie poster or body pillow?

Only if the poster/pillow had Sylvester Stallone on it.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Didn't know what gravity falls was 'til you mentioned it and I looked it up. Should I watch it?

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Glazius posted:

Man, Harry is kind of full of himself, isn't he? Not really in an adorably over-the-top way either.

I've met worse, so I'll cut him some slack.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

vibratingsheep posted:

This is why we kept one dress around. I'm rather fond of this dress, and would hate to see it go.

Agreed. I really like the layering on the skirt and shoulders.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Catalina posted:

You can tell it more with the voice acting, but he's definitely affectionately teasing Siren about her less than great chocolate skills.
Source: Growing up with a sister about my age, where we would mercilessly look for openings to tease each other.

Tarou's route is completely awful. A PUA is a good analogy. His favorite stat is Charm, and he acts affectionate to girls to get them to go on dates with him, all while you have to pick responses that make the heroine completely oblivious to the fact that he's an rear end in a top hat with a whole, "I don't believe he's really like that!". Then when you get to third year, he dumps you with a "I just wanted to get a date with an underclassman off my list, sorry you were dumb." If you choose to pursue the relationship, the next thing you do is serve is be forced to serve tea in Cafe Alucard to him and his girlfriends for 180 days (lowering your stats tremendously), and keep getting events where he is an rear end in a top hat and you picking the "I still believe in him~!" option. I've never gone down the route past the dumping you at graduation event, but from what I've read, it eventually turns into a "You are an angel that loved me, even while I was the scum of the earth, and now I will change for you!"
Yeech.

The word "hate" is feeling really weak right now. I understand the whole bad-boy-fixer-upper trope in other genres: Redemption can be a pretty powerful storytelling theme, after all. However, if you're going to write something like that, the rear end in a top hat in question needs to realize they're an rear end in a top hat, work to redeem themselves, and earn their happy ending. If they don't work for it, then giving them a happy ending anyway is unreasonable.

If the guy can't redeem himself in the context of his own redemption story, then what the gently caress's the point?

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

As much as I like Teru, I'd skip it if it meant Tarou would be my brother in law. So, I'm closing my eyes and pretending the evil twin theory never happened.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Glazius posted:

Does anyone get a kind of "axe murderer" vibe from the new kid? Just me?

More of a Pierce Brosnan in "Don't Talk to Strangers" vibe, but they're along the same lines.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Lookin' forward to it, bub! No hard feelin's, everybody needs a break.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

That goes without saying, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

FractalSandwich posted:

I've been working on a tool for randomly generating funny but believable Japanese names. It's not there yet, but sometimes it hits alarmingly close to the mark...

I want it.

• Locked thread