Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]

phybersyko posted:

LOL.

We're doing a bunch of maintenance stuffs over the course of the day. As far as population goes, we had 20+ users on last night until like... 2:00 am or later which is decent for a Tuesday.

Sure thing pal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Akira just started.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Hey yo we're gonna play Jackbox games. It's free!

:getin:

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
So is registration on the site just not a thing

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
It is coming back some time apparently. don't rear end me when.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Waterbed Wendy posted:

It is coming back some time apparently. don't rear end me when.

What are you gonna DO

with the doodoo

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!
what do I do if I forgot my password

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!
n/m one of those last five must have done it, I didn't receive immediate positive feedback so I kept going and assumed it was broken

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
hows that registration going? I hear user registration is actually a really complicated feature

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Good question! Right now we are in flux as we transition to a whole new build that will be live in just a couple of weeks.

Unfortunately, as enkmar kindly pointed out, registration straight from goontu.be is down at the moment. But we are able to manually add anyone interested in joining. All you need to do is make a post is this thread https://goontu.be/forums/index.php?topic=904.0 and your account will be activated in ~24 hours.

It isn't perfect, but it is what we have to bridge the gap until the the latest version of tubes is live. Thanks for bearing with us and remember to go gently caress youself!

Thanks!

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Enkmar posted:

hows that registration going? I hear user registration is actually a really complicated feature

gonna chime in with my 2 bit programming advice

I dont know wat platform gtube is running, so this isn't directly helpful, but it could serve as influence for the architecture, but the ruby gem 'devise' is an amazing solution for user registration/signin/forgot password/mgmt etc

https://github.com/plataformatec/devise

So, for me, registration is actually p easy!

quote:

It's composed of 10 modules:

Database Authenticatable: hashes and stores a password in the database to validate the authenticity of a user while signing in. The authentication can be done both through POST requests or HTTP Basic Authentication.
Omniauthable: adds OmniAuth (https://github.com/omniauth/omniauth) support.
Confirmable: sends emails with confirmation instructions and verifies whether an account is already confirmed during sign in.
Recoverable: resets the user password and sends reset instructions.
Registerable: handles signing up users through a registration process, also allowing them to edit and destroy their account.
Rememberable: manages generating and clearing a token for remembering the user from a saved cookie.
Trackable: tracks sign in count, timestamps and IP address.
Timeoutable: expires sessions that have not been active in a specified period of time.
Validatable: provides validations of email and password. It's optional and can be customized, so you're able to define your own validations.
Lockable: locks an account after a specified number of failed sign-in attempts. Can unlock via email or after a specified time period.

Government Handjob
Nov 1, 2004

Gudbrandsglasnost
College Slice
Come add your patriotic videos on this Americaday. Happy Fourth of July, America, you dumbasses.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

How's the new goontube comin along? On another note, seems like there was a lot of people on last night 👌💯💯

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

i posted baby snakes but no one voted to skip it so im not sure anyone but me watched it

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
I too am curious as too what the progress is

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]
Some frontend stuff is gone and different but they are making the super secret backend stuff not as rear end (pun intended, go gently caress yourself cuffy!)

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE
I miss goontube and need to use it again. Looking forward to see what the progress is.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Goontoob? I haven't heard that URL in years... *farts* :quig:

Government Handjob
Nov 1, 2004

Gudbrandsglasnost
College Slice
I'm working lots these days so I haven't been on much lately. Miss all my tubing tube tuber tubs toot toot gently caress you goontube

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Goontoob? I haven't heard that URL in years... *farts* :quig:

Wait did the URL change?

Government Handjob
Nov 1, 2004

Gudbrandsglasnost
College Slice
It's still goontu.be

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
nah it moved

Somebody has a new favorite as of 18:27 on Aug 21, 2017

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Government Handjob posted:

It's still goontu.be

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug
Today when I tried to log in, I got a scary red flashing screen that said "CONNECTION LOST: LOGIN FAILED." And now that screen comes up every time I try to load or reload the page. I've tried to force a "fresh" reload without cache, but it doesn't make any difference. The site was working before I tried to log in! This is using Chrome on Windows 7 if it matters.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Number_6 posted:

Today when I tried to log in, I got a scary red flashing screen that said "CONNECTION LOST: LOGIN FAILED." And now that screen comes up every time I try to load or reload the page. I've tried to force a "fresh" reload without cache, but it doesn't make any difference. The site was working before I tried to log in! This is using Chrome on Windows 7 if it matters.

Hey bud, I posted your issue on the goontube forums which is probably the best way to reach the helpdesk*

Here is their response "why this happened: client "remembers" your login details with cookie whether you get them right or not. my bad

quick fix: delete cookies (with chrome: click the green padlocked "secure" indicator by the address bar, the popover should list a few cookies in use whether you visit from this page or from goontube itself. click this text to bring up a cookie manager. you'll see forums.goontu.be and goontu.be listed separately. delete the goontu.be cookies.)"

*jskz

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
Movie nite late sunday. Prolly gonna be the big lebowski. All are welcome. More later.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
hows user reg coming along

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Oh thanks, that big scary red message and blank screen happened to me last time I tried to visit tubes.

That's a big bug, it turns users away with no workaround visible, even the ones who know the place could get turned back for weeks / months

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Oh thanks, that big scary red message and blank screen happened to me last time I tried to visit tubes.

That's a big bug, it turns users away with no workaround visible, even the ones who know the place could get turned back for weeks / months

Yes it's something that's been in the works for way too long. It's a bad thing and we are very sorry that it might feel exclusive to new people.

In the meantime, if you want to join us at goontu.be please sign up on our forums so we can make you an account. Post in this thread and we will get you squared away. It sucks, but it's the best we can do right now.

Please join us tonight to watch Tarentino's Hateful 8 starting sometime really soon.

Waterbed Wendy has a new favorite as of 01:07 on Sep 30, 2017

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
Is the plan to never have user registration? Cant trust people just goin and registering on their own?

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Enkmar posted:

Is the plan to never have user registration? Cant trust people just goin and registering on their own?

yes ;)

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Waterbed Wendy posted:

Yes it's something that's been in the works for way too long. It's a bad thing and we are very sorry that it might feel exclusive to new people.

In the meantime, if you want to join us at goontu.be please sign up on our forums so we can make you an account. Post in this thread and we will get you squared away. It sucks, but it's the best we can do right now.

Please join us tonight to watch Tarentino's Hateful 8 starting sometime really soon.

I'm not new, so it was like even more exclusive to have that going on for a week or so :smith: I didn't check back again for a few months until I saw this thread get bumped

Barely missed Hateful 8

It looks like there's a totally new login system now. Nice. While people "in the know" are reading, can someone make it so that if you try to chat while not logged in, after getting the warning message about needing to log in the chat box re-populates with what you typed? Right now it just erases what you tried to say and you have to type it again after logging in.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

Dumb Lowtax posted:

I'm not new, so it was like even more exclusive to have that going on for a week or so :smith: I didn't check back again for a few months until I saw this thread get bumped

Barely missed Hateful 8

It looks like there's a totally new login system now. Nice. While people "in the know" are reading, can someone make it so that if you try to chat while not logged in, after getting the warning message about needing to log in the chat box re-populates with what you typed? Right now it just erases what you tried to say and you have to type it again after logging in.

check pms

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

thanks for finally making that explicit

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
We are just about to start watching Sleepaway Camp if you want to come hang and make stupid jokes with us.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
gonna load up the movie: The Void (2016) tonight. idk when though. i wouldn't miss out on this gem of a scary movie if i were you... this movie is not for the squeamish or faint of heart btw. think you can stomach it? come on in, then.

e: trailer

Yobgoblin has a new favorite as of 16:48 on Nov 3, 2017

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Anyone got the Arby's curly fries getting stuck in door video???

I can't find it anywhere and it makes me sad. I'm p sure gtube introduced it to me and was the only place I've ever seen it.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

What's the deal with goon.pub? it honestly seems kinda more fun and active than goontube

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Slightly Absurd posted:

What's the deal with goon.pub? it honestly seems kinda more fun and active than goontube

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Slightly Absurd posted:

whats the policy on septic 5

• Locked thread