Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Is anyone familiar with an error where AVISynth will insist upon the absence of a decompressor for HFYU? I just installed the relevant codec but it doesn't seem to matter, I get the error in both VirtualDubMod and MeGUI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Nidoking posted:

Where did you get the video from in the first place? Can you play it directly in any video player? Does it load in VirtualDub/VirtualDubMod if you're not using Avisynth? If so, you may try transcoding to something lossless like Lagarith and working from there. You should be able to delete the original version once you have a version you can work with.

One thing that may be worth trying is using a different Source filter to ingest the video - if AviSource can't find it, perhaps another filter will.

I recorded in Debut Video Capture. Playing it directly works in some places but not others - it uploads to Youtube just fine, for example, but VirtualDubMod can't view it. I tried a different source filter briefly, but didn't get conclusive results (a different set of errors that might or might not have been related.)

edit: I think I might have downloaded the huffyuv codec wrong? Nothing seems to acknowledge that I have it, but I didn't see anything that might have gone wrong in the instructions.