Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

I'm having some serious audio desync issues in my recordings lately. It's not a desync-over-time issue; the audio is noticeably off right from the start. As an example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3bIH77OBMw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uIlCY4EgGc

The first video was recorded for my current LP and has perfectly synced audio. The second is the start of the same scene, recorded this morning. The desync is most noticeable on the sounds that play when the background changes and when the minstrel smacks his guitar before beginning to play.

I've checked online and tried adjusting the audio sync offset, but it hasn't had any effect that I've been able to find. I also haven't made any changes to my recording settings recently that would account for this very sudden problem. Does anyone have a possible fix for this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

IGgy IGsen posted:

If you can't pin the issue down to your hardware or your settings the best way is probably to fix it in post.

Sometimes desync occurs because of hardware constraints. Are you running additional programs in the background, perhaps?

Nothing I haven't had running during my previous sessions: Firefox, Steam, and so forth. Nothing has changed since I started; I haven't even updated OBS.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

I opened up OBS tonight after work to try and do some more troubleshooting. No desync whatsoever. Fuckin' computers, man.