Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
So I'm considering picking up a capture card to stream/do LPs on my Wii U, and I'm wondering if the capture card will help with my PC as well. I'd kind of like to stream Battlefield 4, and I play at 1080p. However, when I start streaming I definitely take a huge performance hit. Is it feasible to even use a capture card to stream from a PC, and if so, would that free up system resources? I did read the OP, didn't notice anything addressing this so I apologize if this is a common question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
That is pretty much the answer I thought I'd get. I was just hoping there was something I didn't understand about the process that might make this possible. I'll still be getting the capture card, but was hoping it would solve another problem I'm having. Its not the end of the world for me to stream at a slightly lower resolution or tone down the post processing effects.