Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I'm looking for some advice with doing sound editing in adobe premier elements. Unless I'm missing something, what I hear while playing in game and the volume levels that get recorded by shadowplay are completely different levels. Now its easy enough to simply drop the volume level in premier but the problem is when I throw in commentary and use the auto mix feature to duck audio even further when I talk. It sets the volume level for the gameplay back to the default levels, requiring me to manually go in and drop the volume. And hell, in some cases the video is still so loud post ducking I have to also manually lower those bits.

So the problem is the program resetting the volume levels to default whenever I try to have the program auto duck the audio. The only real solution I can see here is to do all the edits, lower the volume and export the video, wait an hour and a half for it to encode then reuse that footage to put in commentary track. Is there a way to make premiere stop defaulting the audio levels? Is it time for me to get a different editing software?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

lohli posted:

Do you mean that playing the recording at 100% volume in a media player is louder than the actual game seemed or just that it's louder in the editor?

It seems louder both in media player and when editing.

quote:

You should be able to do your cuts and broad volume adjustments and just export the audio.

Well thats embarassing

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

lohli posted:

The answer is almost always to get a separate mic + headphones.

Gonna have to agree with this. I'm sure the money you put into getting a quality enough headset with a good mic, it would probably cheaper to get yourself a decent set of headphones and a blue snowball.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Assuming that its content was online being the fact it was a demo disc with a download code to download the rest of the game, you have to hope someone has the data saved on their system that they can back up to a usb and upload online. If its like an MMO I think thats it, its gone. Welcome to the future of video games where devs want to turn video games from video games to an online service.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I lost the link to it, isn't there an audacity plug in that will automatically silence audio below a certain decible threshold? Like 90% of my audio editing is cutting out all of my inhaling and its driving me nuts.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Looking for some help with a microphone problem. My computer acknowledges that a blue yeti is plugged in, various programs acknowledge that a blue yeti is plugged in. But none of them actually work with the yeti, from Discord and Premier's narration tool simply not getting any sound from it to Audacity throwing an error at me every time I click on record, trying to set up my microphone in the control tab throws up an error. When I go to my sounds setting and click on "listen to this device" the computer will pick up audio from it, its working and not damaged.

I've tried turning it off and on, I made sure it isn't disabled, I made sure it is set as the default recording option, I have disabled and re-enabled it, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver, I have also uninstalled and reinstalled my sound card driver, I restarted the computer, I moved the USB into different ports. I have no idea why it would suddenly decide to stop working, I'm pretty positive between the last time using it and now there has been no major updates to my PC.

Oh HEY found a solution JUST now. Apparently there is now a "microphone privacy setting" that Microsoft never bothered to tell me about. If anyone else has this issue, search "microphone privacy setting" and turn on access to apps to use the mic.

Leal fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jun 6, 2018

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

zfleeman posted:

More bits!

This is something you should be saying while you stream on twitch.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I will also recommend a modmic, I got a wireless one and it replaced my blue yeti. The sound is just as good but:

A: The mic is right next to my mouth so I don't have to worry about keeping myself close to the mic

B: It is nowhere as sensitive as my yeti, so me moving around my chair or my weird tongue noises aren't picked up. Or someone walking in the house. Or the neighbor's dog barking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Until Divinci adds a simple button that autoducks in the program (no, exporting the audio, importing to audacity, ducking, exporting out of audacity and importing back into divinci doesn't count) I shall continue to use premier