Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010

Geop posted:

Something else I remembered about xSplit; when I was using it, there were a lot of compatibility issues with ATI cards. This might've been addressed, but I do know that my usual laptop for recording wouldn't play ball with it. Someone else who's used it more recently can probably confirm/deny this.

I've been using XSplit for over a year now. It used to have a lot of issues with the "Game Source" options, but it's gotten a lot better. It would make games like FTL lock up in slightly less time than it took to do a sector. But I haven't had a single issue since then. Streamed for 24 hours straight without so much as a dropped frame.

YamiNoSenshi fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Dec 2, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010

MEAT! posted:

Alright perfect, my thoughts exactly. I was just wondering since most of the tutorial videos I see nowadays are fullscreen and I wasn't sure if that's how people prefer it or if it was just the author being lazy.

Laziness. I would make sure everything is visible at a lower viewing resolution, since I imagine people will put the videos off to the side while they're following along, and not everyone has a huge display or two monitors.

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010

Mico posted:

I am always in need of more stupid transitions.

I've had this transition plugin bookmarked for the longest time in case I really needed a scratch card wipe. It does, sadly, lack star wipe.

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010

Mico posted:

It will take a while the first time you open the script, it has to index the MP4 before being able to read it so if Virtualdub hangs, just let it do it's thing for a few.

Just to clarify, it'll take nearly as long to do this as it does to render the video. So if you've got a 30 minute HD video, go grab a sandwich. I know that tripped me up a first.

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010

MEAT! posted:

Wow that's a pretty bad workflow. Why don't you just make your subs with Aegisub and hardsub them in at the end when you're encoding with MeGUI? As for the font, Arial Black.

Agreed. Unless you've got a good reason, stick with the basic fonts. White text with a black outline can be read over anything as well.

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010

Mico posted:

This isn't exactly an LP question but it's related, does anyone know any good sites to get old cables for old consoles on the cheap? I just moved and I can't seem to find my SNES power brick, my PS2 component cables, or my Xbox (original) power cable. Amazon has decent prices but because they're all from authorized sellers I'm getting charged a separate shipping cost on each item and the shipping's like 30 bucks for about 4 dollars worth of cables.

There's always eBay. I'm sure you can find a video game cables vendor that has everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010

Spy_Guy posted:

I have it set to cardoid and gain is about 40%. Got myself a shock mount, mic stand and pop filter, though. The Yeti was practically useless without them, because any little vibration would get turned into hecka noise.

As other people mention, though. If you're picking up environmental noise then there's not much you can do other than try to get rid of it.

What shock mount and stand did you end up getting? I've got mine on a stage stage that goes over my desk and monitors and pointed at me but off to the side. It's a little unwieldy at the moment.