Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

They look the same, but not like they should:

How did you get the screens?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Untick Resample. It says better quality, but that's a terrible lie.

(At least in this case.)

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Yeah, that looks right.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

You can either use an emulator and record that, install homebrew on your PSP and then use Remotejoy lite and capture that.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Sundowner posted:

I've heard this RemoteJoy thing mentioned a couple of times now. Is the video footage poo poo? (As in, considerably worse than recording video out from a later model PSP?)

I could install a custom firmware and try the USB out but I somehow feel like the quality would be (understandably) terrible.

Nah, quality is fine, it's what I'm using for my currently running LP. Here's an image chosen at random from the first update, if you're curious:

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Yeah, those are good.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

There's a site that can convert html into bbcode. So you view source to get the html and then get the bbcode from that. Ill post a link and an example when I'm not phone posting if you can link your thread

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

rightload

it should be in the op of either the tech support or the sandcastle

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

now that i actually look at it closely, what's the deal with the resolution you're using?

native PSP is 480x272, are you resizing by 1.5 or something?

if that's the case, the easiest way to get it down in file size would just be to not resize, make the gif at native 480x272

Cake Attack fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Apr 13, 2015

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

ah right, emulation

you can probably make it smaller by a) using a smaller resolution b) cutting out more frames (every 4 frames instead of every other frame) or c) reducing colors, although c) probably can't save you 0.4mb

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

if you have SALR you can enable embedded Webms, although that doesn't do anything about not being able to host them on lpix. also if you want to use them for an LP it'll only work if people have SALR

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

lpix and imgur have a 2 MB limit i think.

if the rest is just text and a youtube link hitting that wouldn't be a problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

m4444 posted:

Alright, I think it's about time I admit that I'm in over my head. I'm looking to do a screenshot LP with the occasional video, but despite my best efforts all I'm currently making is a mess. The guides are very helpful, but perhaps skipping ahead somewhat, and rather then doing another google search for a piece of string to tie incompatible software together, I figured I'd ask here. What setup would you guys recommend? I'd prefer not to buy software if I don't need to, but let me know what you think would work the best, because what I'm trying to do just...isn't.

what i do:

1. record footage losslessly. this can be easy or hard depending on what system we're talking. if you're emulating it's easy since most emulators have, or if it's a PC game you can just use Fraps or whatever software obsoletes fraps nowadays.

2. open the video using AvsPmod. grab your screenshots as frames from this, naming them sequentially. (1,2,3, etc.) Resize and Crop as need be beforehand.

3. write the update like so:

---

[1]

[Characterheadshot1] dialogue
[Characterheadshot2] more dialogue

[2]

---

[x] basically is a placeholder for where image x will end up. characterheadshot should have the same name as the actual image of the character's headshot.

4. Have a text file with all the character headshots and any other images that will be used in different updates in correct BB code format. so [img]pictureurl[/img]. add the update specific images, replacing the update specific images from the last update.

5. Use rightloadautourl which i think is in the OP of this or the sandcastle to replace all the placeholders in the update with the properly formatted images from the text file.

6. edit

it's been two years since i've done an LP so some software might be outdated, i dunno