Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

Highwang posted:

Bit of a note on DXTory: it records audio in a different fashion than FRAPS. With DXTory, System sound the main audio stream and other things such as microphones are separate audio streams. Programs don't fuse the audio streams either, so you'll have to either extract the separate audio stream and plug that into your video software or mess around with Virtual Audio Cable to split/merge the audio together.

The main difference is that FRAPS records your mic into the main audio stream as well. Though I don't enjoy the FPS drop that fraps puts on your hardware.

That sounds really useful for live commentary.

It sounds like you've use both DXTory and Fraps quite a bit. Have there been any times when you've preferred Fraps over DXTory? I've seen the FPS drop with Fraps myself, and I'd like a recording program that avoids that if possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

Fallen Rib

Dongattack posted:

Have you guys had a look at "Shadowplay" by the way? The "Nvidia record and take up way less space and use up less FPS" thing, to the layman i gotta say it looks kinda cool, but also a bit too good to be true?

http://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2013/10/18/shadowplay/

Some people in the GPU megathread have said it works pretty well. I don't remember how the recording quality is, but there's no noticeable framerate hit. To use it, you need a pretty new GPU though, either a 600 series or a 700 series Nvidia GPU. It also only works if you play in fullscreen, so windowed mode is a no go right now.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

Fallen Rib

Lance Streetman posted:

Just a check to make sure I'm not blind, there's no difference in quality between [snip]

I can't see a difference between the two, but the text in both of them looks blurry to me.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

Fallen Rib

TheMcD posted:

My question is: Is there some sort of way to batch split these images into single expressions, or am I going to painstakingly have to do that in single file?

It's probably not as flexible as doing it with a program, but I've used Image Splitter, and it did a good enough job for me.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

Fallen Rib

Silver Falcon posted:

I picked up FRAPS yesterday and I'm tinkering with it a bit. I'm using it to record a Genesis game because the built-in recorder on Kega Fusion sucks moose balls.

I think I've mostly got a handle on it, except for one detail:

How do I get it to not put that ugly 60 fps or whatever in the top left corner?

That isn't a setting in the recording tab. It's a setting in the fps tab. There should be something that says where the frame rate counter should be or something like that. One of the options should be to just not display it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

Fallen Rib
Is avspmod still the recommended editor for avisynth? The last release is more than 7 years old, but avisynth (well, avisynth+), had a release earlier this year.