Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy
What are some good compression settings for commentary, anyway? I've never been able to get anything very definitive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

I'm still going to carry on with my screenshot driven Ace Patrol LP. Is two concurrent LP's a negative thing? I'm not planning on doing Discworld as it's been announced, I'm just meaning in general.

As long as you can juggle two LPs at the same time, you can go ahead and do it. I was doing three at some point... though one was Sneak King, so that barely counts.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

I'm trying to get the Game Capture HD software that comes with the Elgato to play nice with Skype calls. How would I go about doing that?

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

ChaosArgate posted:

Are you doing this for a stream?

Yeah. As far as I can tell, there's no way to get Game Capture HD to pick up Skype calls on it's own, and I can't seem to get OBS to recognize my twitch channel.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

So I had issues trying to find a guide to bypass HDCP that wasn't a 10 minute long youtube video of extremely uncharismatic nerds taking way too long to explain something so dead simple, so I made my own if anyone else is trying to figure out how.

Bypassing HDCP with your Capture Card

What is HDCP?
HDCP stands for High Definition Copyright Protection. It basically means that your PS3 or other gaming console with HDCP can't record from the HDMI cables. It was installed to prevent stupid fucks from making copies of blu-ray movies, but stupid fucks will ALWAYS find a way around stuff.

What will I need?
You're going to need an HDMI splitter. Not all splitters work, apparently, but I can personally confirm that the Sewell 1X2 Splitter and the Monoprice 1X2 Splitter both bypass HDCP and are fairly cheap solutions.

ulmont posted:

I confirm the "ViewHD 2 Port 1x2 Powered HDMI Mini Splitter for 1080P & 3D" bypasses HDCP.
You're also going to need 3 HDMI cables. Considering HDMI cables are dirt cheap these days, this should also not be a big deal.

The Setup
Excuse the very basic "drawings" here, but I'm no good at graphic design.

First off, after you plug in your power supply, you're going to plug the first HDMI into your PS3, then into the Input of your Splitter.

Next, your second HDMI cable will be going into your capture card's HDMI input and into one of the outputs of your Splitter.

Finally, the third HDMI cable goes from the TV to the other output of your Splitter.

Viola. Simple as that. Everything else just follows the standard setup procedure. If you have an Elgato HD60, there's no downside to this at all. If you don't, then keep in mind that while your videos WILL be in 1080p, you can only go at 30fps.

kalonZombie fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Nov 7, 2014

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

I'm having a weird issue while streaming where if I'm on a Skype call, my stream won't output any game sound. This happens with both games I stream though my capture card and games I stream direct from my PC. Anybody know what's up and how I can stop making Skype a hog?

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

I'm sure the sound gets cut. I know about Windows' really aggressive ducking stuff but this isn't that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

So lately in my streams I've been having audio issues. Every so often (with increasing regularity) my game audio gets horribly distorted and garbled. Like so...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYBVZXDDrOE

It's happened with three consoles so far and cleaning out the dust in my computer hasn't fixed the problem.

I'm using an Elgato HD60 plugged into a USB 3.0 port, streaming with OBS to Hitbox. If you need me to I can post screenshots of my streaming settings as well, but the only things I've really messed with audio wise is going into the advanced tab and setting the global audio sync offset to 650, and also changing the audio sync offset on the elgato to -650, but this is to make my commentary match with the video. Other people have done this and haven't had any problems with it so I don't really know what's going on.

If you need any more information I'd be more than willing to provide.