Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
How do you get more than one line device? Do you just need to have a sound card with them? If so VAC is probably still a requirement for most people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

EntranceJew posted:

Sometimes its not obvious, but you should not be routing/mapping audio using line cables or physical audio devices. Sometimes you have to as a last resort, but generally speaking you want everything to be done through software because the kinds of cables people have laying around are all beat up and introduce a ton of noise. When people refer to audio lines (or sinks) they usually are using shorthand for an audio resource created by Virtual Audio Cables.

So what you are saying is in your screencap those are line devices created by VAC, but the way they are passing sound to each other you configured through the Windows settings?

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Personally I think you should use nearest neighbor for re-sizing those. Just so the font is crisp instead of blurry.

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

BioEnchanted posted:

I have managed to record the intro of the game, but I just want advice on reducing the filesize as 500 mb for a 2:30 video is not good. I have recorded using the lagarith codec in VirtualDub and want to make the file size far smaller before I start recording full levels as they will be roughly 40 minutes long and I don't need to wait 3 days for each video to upload. Any advice would be great:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlgKW51vjSE&feature=youtu.be

Are you encoding to mp4 before uploading? Lagarith is recommended only for recording and editing, but you encode to mp4 right before you upload. It should be far smaller.

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Shoopuf posted:

So, um, does anyone know why FRAPS stops recording on its own during loading screens? I've tried twice to do test recordings of trying out dungeons but it simply keeps breaking at the point of loading in while the screen goes mostly-black.

Does the game use a different resolution for loading screens? FRAPS can't really handle resolution changes IIRC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

FinalGamer posted:

So I'm still having problems with my sound options on Windows 7, can anyone help me on this?

- I can either have Speakers or Headphones working if I make one of them the default device, but I can never have both working at the same time because having one as default makes the other one just not work at all.

- If I turn Stereo Mix on then my microphone will not work on Skype or Audacity and claims an error unless I make the microphone the default and it will NOT want it any other way.

Basically, how can I make my PC play through the headphones when the headphones are plugged in, and have them play through speakers when the headphones are unplugged? And also, how can I make Stereo Mix work and NOT completely hog everything to itself to the point of cockblocking my microphone?

For your speakers/headphones the software that comes with your drivers should have an option to enable that if your hardware is capable of it.

And are you saying you are making Stereo Mix the default device causes Skype and Audacity to freak out? If you need to transmit Stereo Mix and your mic at the same time I'd recommend making a VAC setup for that. Though if just simply enabling Stereo Mix is causing the issue I have no idea. Enabling it should have no effect on whether your mic can or cannot be recorded I don't think.