Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
Just a check to make sure I'm not blind, there's no difference in quality between this image:

and this one:

correct? Source image is this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

Cake Attack posted:

They look the same, but not like they should:

How did you get the screens?

Enlarged by 200% in Irfanview. I assume there's a setting that needs to be switched somewhere, but I can't find anything.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

Cake Attack posted:

Untick Resample. It says better quality, but that's a terrible lie.

(At least in this case.)

So more like this?

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

Elyv posted:

After (deservedly)getting chewed out in the Sandcastle for using a video capture with a watermark, I tried out Camtasia. After some false starts, I managed to record some videos, but they feel kind of jerky. Is it just my imagination, and if not what can I do about it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwJ9cd4jU0g

Looked up a video of that intro on youtube and yours looks janky as hell. The sound is also kind of fuzzy.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

Jesus gently caress, Cheez, just name a game. Any game. Don't give vague answers to concrete questions, just name a game.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

Cheez posted:

Good thing I'm not being entitled or impatient. I put down my opinion on some streaming software in the thread and then got assaulted by people trying to force me to use twitch/hitbox streaming and switch to OBS instead of xsplit. I did not ask for anyone to tell me to use these, or to tell me how to use these, nor did I ask for any help about them. Someone helped me with the problem I came to the thread for and I thanked them. Read it a little closer, because you're acting like I came in here like a newborn baby looking for my first streaming software and then got mad at people for giving me suggestions. I didn't.

Uh-huh.

Cheez posted:

There's smug and wrong, and then there's being exactly right. Also yeah have fun with your garbage hitbox and broken twitch.

Cheez posted:

No, actually, it's because your "suggestions" are complete garbage and you aren't paying attention to the problem.

You came in here posting about why you weren't using OBS and Hitbox/twitch. People tried to fix those problems and gave good examples of those being used well. You told them their ideas were garbage.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

Cheez posted:

Why do I have to be thankful for this?

You don't. You also don't need to act like everybody offering their suggestions is out to get you, but you sure as hell did.

This is an internet forum, a place for public discourse. You offered your opinion on something and voiced your issues with it. People gave you advice and inquired into your issue further. You could have just ignored them at that point, but you decided to respond by being an rear end in a top hat and telling them their ideas were garbage. Despite all this, people are still giving free advice, on their own time, about an issue which you are being incredibly vague about. You don't need to take it, but you also don't need to act like an rear end in a top hat about it. If you really don't want any help, just walk away and stop arguing.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

Cheez posted:

Yeah. Questions. Questions I never asked. You generally need to learn how to read, I think.

Lance Streetman posted:

If you really don't want any help, just walk away and stop arguing posting.

Go away, Cheez.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

Look at it this way, Cheez. You got a new custom title out of the whole affair.

Ed: But seriously. gently caress off, Cheez.

Lance Streetman fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Jan 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

Cheez posted:

Two people met on the street. One drives a pickup truck, one drives a minivan. Both people can get through their similar days just fine. The end result of their day is the same. Minivan guy tells the other that they don't like the other's vehicle, because reasons/familiarity.

If you don't think that guy is going to be annoyed as gently caress if the other rattles on about how much trucks are better and how that guy should totally switch to it and put a truck cap on it so it'll basically be the same thing, there's something wrong with you, not me.

Why the gently caress is minivan guy bitching about truck guy's vehicle in the first place? And why would he expect to not get an earful when somebody starts bitching about his truck for no good reason? Your analogy sucks.

And nobody cares how many LPs you've done or how many streams you have under your belt. It doesn't change the fact that you're acting like an rear end.