Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Did Rightload compatibility with lpix finally break entirely? Tried to upload some stuff just now and the transfer failed.

I recently switched to ShareX for most of my work so it's not a massive issue, but having both set up let me easily send my many, many portrait images to one folder and my main shots to another without having to constantly switch folders, which was nice.

e: lmao, should have checked lpix, it's just down entirely right now, whoops

e2: it's back, don't be alarmed

Arist fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Aug 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Weedle posted:

does twitch's "low latency" mode work pretty well for streaming gameplay to a small number of people for live commentary purposes? about how much delay is there?

no i have done this for years

To my knowledge low latency mode on Twitch is mostly used for like, chat interaction. I don't think it'd be suitable for commentary. There's better ways for sure.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Weedle posted:

what would be a good way to do it? the last time i did an lp i don't think twitch existed so i'm pretty behind on this stuff

Last time I had to screenshare something Discord was a pretty good tool but I'm sure others here will have more experience here and will know what's best.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

If the artifacts are in fact getting introduced during the Vegas render it seems like the easiest way to check that would be to look at the post-render video before uploading it.

But Youtube does a lot of weird garbage to quality so I'm thinking it's probably that.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I'm getting a screenshot LP ready to go again, and got my record -> irfanview -> transcribe process ready, but I want to pepper it with a few short video clips. I'm a video dummy. Is using Gooncam or something to make some gifs still the appropriate way of getting some short clips in there? Will that lead to overload on what I'm expecting will be a slow paced page? Should I just link them off to youtube instead?

As for lpix, is rightload with the plugin still the way to go? It looks like there's also a ShareX plugin, but I've never used that. Any real difference?

Gifs are tricky to work with but doable. Gooncam is a good method, makes it easy to control size and screen region. You should also email baldurk about increasing your maximum filesize to 4MB per file, which you obviously shouldn't go overboard with but is still helpful for larger gifs if you need them. Also make sure you're using jpg instead of png for your final uploads (unless you're doing an LP of, like, a 16-bit game or something).

I have experience with both Rightload and ShareX (I use Rightload to upload character portraits these days and ShareX with everything else) and ShareX is easier to use in my experience.

Arist fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Oct 2, 2020

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

28 MB is more than most of my updates. Even if it's a gif, you probably shouldn't embed an image that large.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

RelentlessImp posted:

Anyone else having issues uploading to LPix via Rightload and ShareX? My configurations are updated via the links on LPix.org, but Rightload says it can't upload, and ShareX just returns "URL is empty" over and over again.

I just did it successfully. Have you done it before?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

ShareX is a lot friendlier.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

mujie posted:

For let's plays I know older screenshot LPs used some website to put the music on, is there any place like that now? Thanks

Clyp was an option, but I think all of their tiers are paid now unless you got grandfathered in. For 13 Sentinels I ran an ffmpeg script I painfully hacked together myself to automatically combine each track on the soundtrack with a background image and then uploaded each of the resulting videos to YouTube on a burner account because I knew I couldn't use Clyp again.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I use mpv a lot too, I can't use VLC anymore because I get a lot of skipped I-frames leading to errors in colors ever since I had to start recording with OBS. mpv is great because unlike VLC you can scrub frame-by-frame backwards as well as forwards with [,] and [.], whereas VLC can only frame-by-frame scrub forwards. The sole issue with mpv is that I don't think it supports changing the playback speed, which can be annoying when I have a four hour video of a dungeon and I only want a screenshot every few minutes or so.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

There's a fix for that IIRC but it's probably worth it to just install ShareX instead, it's a much more usable program.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

PurpleXVI posted:

Something I want to point out, because this thread taught me it after I had been doing it the hard and moron way for several LP's, was that from ShareX's overview of what you've uploaded, you can actually shift-select everything you've uploaded, right-click and copy it with [img] tags already applied, so you can just slap an entire LP's worth of uploaded images into a post or prep document in one go.

Yep, I do this all the time. The only complications are 1) you need to scroll down to the bottom and select the first image, then scroll to the top and Shift+click the last one so they're not in reverse order; and 2) You have to make sure you upload the folder with the image's updates itself to ShareX, not the batch-selected images from inside the folder, or they'll be in a scrambled order in ShareX.

Hell, if you need to add more images at the last minute you can even tell ShareX to automatically format new uploads with BBcode tags to make it as painless as possible.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

PurpleXVI posted:

...I just select the images, not the folder, and they're never scrambled for me.

It happens to me sometimes when my files aren't named numerically (like when I'm uploading a bunch of character portraits, for instance). Feel free to disregard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

DoubleNegative posted:

Turn off simultaneous uploads in ShareX.

It's probably this, yeah. Certain images are going to take longer to upload than others, and the ones that get held up will get added out of order.