Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Hey thread. It seems like I could use a bit of help since I'm apparently a dummy. So, I recently got a new and shiny system and set up all my stuff again. I normally edit in Vegas Pro 12, and then use the debugmode frameserver to render in MeGui. Trouble is, for some reason MeGui doesn't want to render. Like, I frameserve from vegas and select the signpost.avi as my input for MeGui, and everything looks fine. But when I click queue, nothing happens and previously MeGui just did its render job right away. The jobs show up in the job tab(with a muxing job for some reason), but it just doesn't start, even if I tell it to. There must be some setting somewhere that's wrong or something but gently caress if I know :(

E: So apparently I have to start the job through bringing up one of the workers and telling it to fuckin do it. Which is weird, because it just did it on its own on my old system as said before. The only thing I could think of is that there is some user profile messing with me, because I use an older version of MeGui that judge reinhold passed me a good while ago :shrug:

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 21:12 on May 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Turtlicious posted:

I have Sony Vegas 13 Pro, and when I'm rendering a 720p video, it comes out to about 1.89 gigs, does that sound right?
Do not render in Vegas. Like, I don't know if 13 improved over 12 which I use, but the render options are kinda garbage when it comes to quality vs size. Grab debugmode frameserver and just serve your video to MeGui for sexy and slim H264 renders

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

So this is more of a general video editing question but I'll give it a shot anyway. What's the most user friendly audio codec that you can slap into an Mp4 container? Thing is, I noticed that people who don't have state of the art codecs(or VLC player) can view my Mp4 files fine but get no audio. I just did a little test run with 3 different audio codecs(FFmpeg and Aften Ac3, Nero AAC, which all work fine for me obviously) and the laptop from my mom. She doesn't use VLC player, but has Windows 8. All three files had perfect picture but no audio at all. It's a petty thing to be concerned about I guess since most people nowadays have the right Mp4 playback tools but I'm still curious.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Thx for the info. I guess another part of the issue is that I just discovered that my old-rear end version of Megui which I use for my renders doesn't have support for QAAC. Whoops. I guess using the old Nero AAC until I set up the current version is the next best thing?

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Yeah, I don't really care about the file size in that regard since Mp4 is already a pretty slim container. Though, after getting a fresh Megui(2624) I found that it actually supports FDK aac instead which I assume is just as well.

Looking at these documentations on the web made me realize how old some of the codecs I use are lmao at me