Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I'm not sure if this is exactly the right place to ask, but I'm trying to do something a little fancy for an OP of an LP I'm planning.

Is there any way to remove the white space between each image, or is it basically hardcoded into the forum? I want to make it so they look like one big image.

EDIT: Cool, it only has the spacing in preview mode. Thanks for making me look insane, forum.

Danaru fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Apr 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Edward_Tohr posted:

Says the man who willingly paid money for Sonic 2006. :v:

Well, MORE insane, anyway

Niggurath posted:

That only happens when you preview a post, it looks fine when it's actually posted.

The test poster has the spacing too, so when the actual post didn't have them, I panicked trying to figure out what I did right :v: Looking dumb is better than not being able to do it at least

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

ShichiNoBushi posted:

I'm trying to do an LP with live commentary, but the only method we could find was through Twitch. We also tried screen sharing through Skype but couldn't tell if the audio was getting through. But then Twitch was having its own issues first with a huge delay (approximately minutes) and later failing connections (though this could have been just on my friend's end with his computer). If there are more reliable methods of sharing live footage for commentary LPs, what would be recommended. I'm using a Mac by the way if that's important.

I use Hitbox, personally. At my best I've gotten a three second delay, and my internet is smoking hot trash. I've always had trouble with screen sharing being awful (like, 2 fps), so I prefer the delay to not being able to see what's happening. It'll all depend on your setup and your internet speed.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
OBS will output sound to your computer as long as you set it to, my recording setup has it piping computer audio and mic audio into a VAC, which then goes to skype. Meanwhile Skype's audio goes through Voicemeeter, which means it doesn't get picked up by the channel OBS records on.

Theoretically you SHOULD be able to set a specific audio device (like a VAC) for OBS to pipe it's audio through, but I haven't been able to figure out why it doesn't. My current setup works so I'm scared to experiment.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

ThatPazuzu posted:

I want to re-ask this because I really like my concept and would be disappointed if I couldn't do it. :(

Just a shot in the dark, but give this program a try. I used it to force Startopia into a borderless windowed mode, which should let OBS capture it as if it was windowed. I know OBS randomly hates fullscreen stuff depending on it's mood, and likes to just spit back a black screen :froggonk:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Got a bit of a pain in the rear end issue with OBS, my Avermedia capture card, and Voicemeeter Banana.

I'm trying to get the sound to come through OBS to the Voicemeeter VAIO channel, but if I change the audio input device, I get no sound at all. The only time I get sound is if I set it to "(Use Device Audio)", which will pump the sound through Voicemeeter AUX VAIO. Bizarrely, if I select the AUX channel specifically, I get nothing. :shepface: OBS will 'hear' sounds from other programs on the AUX channel, but it won't output the game's audio like it does when "(Use Device Audio)".

Quick screenshot of the capture card properties in OBS. I just want to be able to record and hear the game without picking up any other program's sounds :saddowns:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Jaguars! posted:

OK, how do these look? From my point of view, the Dropbox one displayed at full resolution, but the google drive one didn't.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8sut5bxr6h3rwq/Giant%20map.png?dl=0

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7srbem-tfkiY3F2anVUTkZ1T0U/view?usp=sharing

The dropbox one doesn't work for me, the google drive one works, but it doesn't zoom in far enough to actually see anything.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Koobes posted:

This may seem a bit strange, but here we go.

I use mumble for voice chat, and I want to stream out game video/audio through skype screen share, so I set up VoiceMeeter to send the game audio out to skype. This worked fine when I was testing it and I got the result I wanted.
However, voicemeeter just completely kills anything coming out of mumble unless I change to the Cable input, but then it gets mixed into the game audio.

What I'm looking for is:

Game audio -> Skype, isolated in an output & out to my headset
Mumble -> Headset only.

Can anyone give me some advice on this? Thanks.

http://software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.htm

Pretty much the lynchpin of my recording setup, and I imagine a couple other people's. I don't know if mumble can specify specific audio inputs/outputs like Skype can, but if so, it's pretty straight forward.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Highwang posted:

Got a strange error in Adobe Premiere telling me "The file cannot be opened due to a header error"

The video in question is a ~2 hour recording I made in OBS saved as a mp4. I can still open the file in media player classic, but Adobe Premiere won't deal with the file. Tried to fix the file with Avidemux but the program crashes 100% of the time when I load the file.

Anyone know of a way to fix this?

I saw someone with a problem similar to this a while back, I think they fixed it by using Handbrake to transcode it. The problem came from OBS lagging out and recording a section of the video at a different framerate. Premiere still saw my video but wouldn't encode it, so I was lucky enough to be able to just cut out the 30 second bit that messed up :v:

You could probably try running the raw video through Adobe Media Encoder, but if Premiere refuses to look at it, Media Encoder probably won't either.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Not sure if this is quite the right place, but here goes.

We're currently trying to record using a laptop, the only capture card I've used before was an internal one on a desktop PC, which sadly isn't really an option here.

Our end-game scenario is having OBS record/stream WiiU footage, but I really don't know dickshit all about capture card hardware :saddowns: Can anyone recommend a good device? Not sure how necessary it is, but here's the specs of the laptop we'll be recording to.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Faerie Fortune posted:

Quick streaming question that might be completely impossible; a couple of people I know are wanting to do a stream race. I think it'd be real cool if both people's screens were broadcast on the same stream, partially so viewers don't have to watch two streams at once but also so the recorded footage would have both racers on it. So far the only thing I can think of is doing multistreaming through meowbot or something and capturing that window but that would have a huge delay with the conversation in Discord

Is this possible without the two of them being in the same room (impossible, since one is in Canada, the other in England) and is it possible with OBS, broadcasting on hitbox?

IIRC Smite did exactly that with his recent race streams. I'm not sure how, so I'm not super helpful, but it's possible to do at least.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

MythosDragon posted:

I'm thinking about doing a screenshot LP, and I remember a few lpers mentioning or linking to a test post thing but I cant remember the name. Anyone mind helping me out?

You're looking for http://lpix.org/sslptest/

Also please remember to use lpix.org for your images, it makes things way easier for you and your readers. There's instructions on the fourth post in this thread on how to batch upload stuff using Rightload.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
This might be a dumb question, I don't know dick all about Elgato software and I don't have the computer on hand to finick with it, but is there a way to boost the audio directly in the Elgato software's editor? We recorded a slightly ridiculous amount of episodes that have the audio just low enough to annoy me, and right now our only option looks to be fixing it in Premiere then re-encoding all of them. I'd really rather not. :(

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I remember that too, I also remember it being garbage enough that it was easier to just redownload the video, edit the video, reencode, and reupload, so they might have just gotten rid of it instead of trying to make it useful.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Trizophenie posted:

Always check your audio is capturing before recording. I had to scrap ~2 hours of footage due to a windows update loving with my audio devices and OBS thinking "I don't know this one" once, because I didn't check if audio is capturing because I hadn't changed anything.

I lost an entire blind Undertale LP minus the last few hours because the laptop decided we plugged the microphone in at the wrong time and just recorded dead silence :smith: And people make fun of me for immediately going into full paranoia mode if I so much as see a frame dip

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Got an odd one, I'm playing an old FMV game, and when it's uploaded to youtube, some of the interlaced FMVs will suddenly turn super dark and red. Not all of them though :shepface: For reference, this is what the youtube video and the local video file look like at the same time stamp

The only thing that I can think of is Youtube REALLY hates interlacing but only during those specific moments :shepface: Anyone else have a similar issue?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

Youtube definitely does do some really dumb processing on footage it deems to be low quality. If your footage is below 720p, upscale it at least to that for the upload. No, it doesn't make any sense.

Nidoking posted:

Have you tried deinterlacing it? Toonstruck had a nasty habit of automatically interlacing its opening and ending movies even if I selected no interlacing, so I used a Bob deinterlacer to remove the scanlines and then brightened it up in post.

This did the trick! It also made the game look better even when it wasn't in an interlaced FMV, so a good learning experience all around :v:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I'm trying to pipe System Shock 2 through Voicemeter on Windows 10, and while it works fine normally, on Voicemeter the voice files and main menu sound are extremely quiet while everything else is either normal volume or incredibly loud. None of these options are changeable separately within the game :shepface: for a quick run down from.the first few minutes:

Main menu ambience: super quiet
Tutorial guy's voice: normal volume
Polito's voice: super quiet
Explosion sound effects: deafeningly loud
Lady screaming in the hallway: normal volume

Usually I have a decent enough starting point to figure this stuff out but honestly this time I'm at a total loss :shepface: these settings all work perfectly fine without voicemeter

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Does anyone else always read it as "FFmpreg" at first or am I the only one this internet poisoned

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Discord's screenshare is definitely the way to go, it's pretty much instant

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Discord can do it natively now by streaming a specific application to the discord room. The app share only sends the game audio so everyone can hear the game and each other without overlap

Back in my day you had to emulate audio cables and change your default sound device multiple times before starting :corsair:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
It's not perfect for every scenario, but I've seen people get around the copyright bot by flipping the video horizontally

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
A lot of games, especially older ones, have trouble with Game Capture. Window capture is a safe bet, as you've found out, and if it REALLY wants to keep fighting, going full screen and using monitor capture is a great "I Am No Longer Asking." measure.

Don't worry about wasting peoples' time, I can all but guarantee most of us have bumped into dumber problems than you can come up with :v:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
IIRC the MP4 integration is uh, sloppy, and it's fairly low on Astral's list of horrible things that need to be fixed/burned/exorcised. I'm pretty sure too many embeds can cause tabs to crash, you see something similar in threads with a poo poo ton of twitter embeds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??