Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
What's the best way to make your own portraits/sprites from in-game screenshots? There isn't a sprite pack out there for what I'm doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
It would be a PS1 game, using ePSXe.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

gatz posted:

For sprites, just crop them out using an image editor.

This:

becomes this:

I added a little black border (that I was going to anti-alias later) but you get the idea. Portraits is the same deal but less work. Crop out whatever you want to be the portrait in the image editor.

I was trying that, but it's not exactly the easiest thing trying to crop them neatly. Especially when you have quite a few things in the background. For instance:

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Is there a way to do a batch of images from Irfanview that have a transparent background while still retaining their transparency?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Kind of a bit of a specific question, but while my Valkyrie Profile works fine for the most part, in battle scenes there's notable stuttering that I'm not quite sure how to fix.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Kd7bon9slQ

Basically that happens.

If needed, my graphics settings are:

Edit: I've switched to P.E.Op S. 1.18, which helped, but still had the very occasional stuttering.

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Mar 16, 2014

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I think I got the fix, but that led to another dilemma.

Here's what the game looks like with P.E.Op S.:

And here it is with Pete's D3D:

The second configuration is sharper, but the first one runs smoother and has virtually no lag with the Eternal SPU plugin. If it came down to it I'd take performance over graphics, but is there some plugin or configuration or something I'm missing that solves both problems?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
That would work except that for whatever reason the menus in the game aren't of the same scale, so they end up squashed.

I eventually kept the stretching, but limited the window to 320x224 (an odd resolution, but otherwise there are black bars on the top and bottom of the screen) and just resized it:

The first is a direct 200% resizing, the second is to a 640x480.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Running an i7 processor with HD Graphics 4400, but PCSX2 runs horribly. Any configurations to make it better?

It runs DA:I fairly decently, so I'm doubting specs are playing a huge part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
First time using rightload so just checking to see what I've done wrong:

I've followed the readme (unzipped the contents into the rightload folder):

Updated the additional plugin options for it with my lpix username and password.

Getting this issue when I try to upload?

Probably missing something obvious.